She's graceful, charming and extremely talented anchor famous for hosting the nightly 4 pm and 9 pm newscasts on KCAL-TV in Los Angeles.
She's our very own 3 times Emmy Award winning Vietnamese-American television anchor, Leyna Nguyen.
The beauty with brains reporter and host Leyna shares a wonderful journey as a reporter but today we want to know her journey as a loving wife and a caring mother.
She's been happily married to Michael Muriano since a long time and still going strong together. Let's go further to know all the details about the happy couple.
KCAL-TV host and reporter Leyna Nguyen is happily married to her husband Michael Muriano, couple shares two beautiful children
The 1987 former Miss Asia and YWCA Woman of the Year Leyna Nguyen have celebrated more than 12 years of wedding bliss with husband Michael Muriano.
The couple tied knots back in 2005 in a traditional Vietnamese wedding officiated by a Buddhist monk with a hint of the Western-style wedding.
Ever since the pair is together without any marriage problems or rumors of divorce. Unlike Leyna, her husband, Muriano, remains far away from the spotlight and she has not revealed what his profession is.
But it's for sure that he's a loving husband and a caring father of their children. Both shares two kids together, an elder daughter named Kyla and a younger son named Dylan.
The happy family of four spends wonderful times together going on vacations and trips.
Leyna once dated radio personality, Kato Kaelin back in 2000
Kato Kaelin, who became a household name for being the prosecution witness in the 1995 murder trial of former NFL player and actor O.J Simpson, was once linked with former CBS-WRDW-TV anchor, Leyna back in 2000.
Although neither of them confirmed their relationship, the pair was spotted attending different red carpet events and parties together, looking pretty close and smitten.
The affair lasted only for a couple of months, and within no time, this news faded away. The radio personality, Kato Kaelin was once married to his wife Cynthia Coulter back in 1983 but divorced after six years of marriage in 1989.
Quick facts about Leyna Nguyen
- Born and raised in Dong Ha, South Vietnam Leyna Nguyen is 3X Emmy Award-winning Journalist, famous for hosting the 4 pm and 9 pm newscasts on KCAL-TV, LA.
- Her family moved to the United States in 1975 and she graduated from Webster University in St. Louis with a degree in Mass Communications.
- She started off her career as a radio host in WEBU in the show Morning Drive.
- In 1987, Leyna took part in Miss Asia and was crowned the ultimate winner. She is the founder of a nonprofit organization, Love Across the Ocean, that helps underprivileged school children in Vietnam for facilities like education and health and also assists refugees in Southern California.
- She's worked for over 30 television shows and movies including Boston Legal, Austin Powers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- The KCBS and KCAL reporter is one of the stations most able and popular women, who is highly respected and honored by the industry.
- Leyna was entitled as one of 25 Most Influential Vietnamese-Americans in 25 years in 2000.
- Apart from her work, she's interested in martial arts, paragliding, music, and cooking.
For more information and latest gossips, keep following our page.