There are many people around the world who will sacrifice numerous things, in order to pursue their passion. Forgoing relationship for the sake of their career is a trivial matter for them.
Virginia Wade, the only British woman in the history of Tennis to win all four titles at all four Grand Slam tournament, chose passion over any other thing.
But surely, she must have dated someone during her wrinkle-free days. Let's find out.
Virginia Wade-Choosing Her Career Over Relationship
In today's world, there are many people who are still confused over their what to choose as their career. And there are some, who works as a workaholic in order to fulfill their passion.
In her early childhood days, Virgina moved to quite a few places as her father used to work as an Archdeacon during World War.
She started creating an unusual interest in the sports, Tennis. The 72-years-old retired tennis player moved to South Africa during her early teen and learned tennis during her time in Durban.
Many people consider her as a person who is totally focused towards their career. Maybe this is the reason she was able to keep her attention away from dating and relationship.
According to our research, there are no known relationships of the star player. Maybe she dated someone in the past, but she keeps her personal life stowed away in some kind of treasure trove.
Virginia Wade-Winning All Titles and Honors
Virginia chooses career over relationship and that wasn't in vain as she won every single trophy known to man, in the history of Tennis. The Queen herself gave her the prestigious title of Order of British Empire.
Currently, the 6th seed Johanna Konta is getting all the praises for her performance during the quarterfinal of Wimbledon.
She is now through to the semi-final round and people are already seeing some glimpses of Virginia Wade's 1977 Wimbledon win.
During her long and illustrious career, she has won a lot of trophies. Her most notable win was during the 1997 Wimbledon when she grabbed the trophy during the tournament's centenary year.
Quick Facts about Virginia Wade
- Born on 10 July 1945, in Bournemouth, Dorset, England.
- Her father worked as an Archdeacon of Durban during World War.
- She moved to South Africa along with her mother and father.
- She learned to play tennis during her time in South Africa.
- Moved back to the United Kingdom at the age of 15.
- Attended Tunbridge Wells Girls' Grammar School and Talbot Heath School, Bournemouth.
- She graduated from the University of Sussex, with a degree in Mathematics and Physics.
- Won her first US Open title in 1968, defeating Billie Jean King.
- She won her first Grand Slam title in 1972.
- Upon her retirement in 1986, she has won four Grand Slam titles along with many others open.
- Despite winning loads amount of cash money during her career, her net worth is still under research.
For all the latest gossip from the celeb world, make sure to follow our website.