It's quite amazing to see when a couple is together ever since their teenage days and continue to remain in love even as full-fledged adults. The love couldn't get more pure and beautiful.
Mike Trott dated his high school sweetheart Jessica Tara Cox for over a decade before sharing wedding vows with her. Let's get more details about this adorable couple's married life, including an 'out of this world' proposal that would make any lady feel incredibly special.
Mike Trout's Married Life
Mike Trout is married to his beautiful wife Jessica Tara Cox. Mike and his longtime girlfriend tied the knot after 11 years of dating in a beautiful winter-themed wedding on 8th December 2012.
Speaking to an interview with MLB Network's 30 Clubs in 30 Days, the baseball star talked about his wife as well as his married life. The interviewer Brian Kenny mentioned the fact that a lot of young superstars get married fairly young, to which Mike replied:
"She's been there before baseball and through the whole journey. You say we're getting married young -- I was with her for 11 years."
Trout continued by discussing how his entire family helps him remain grounded. He added:
"That's why I love my family, they're great people."
The wedding took place the same day Trott's team Angels announced the signing of Japanese sensation Shohei Ohtani. It was reported Trott's teammate Garett Richards was a member of the wedding party.
From this day forward, you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home . I love you, my WIFE! pic.twitter.com/bIwbtgZb32— Mike Trout (@MikeTrout) December 12, 2017
When it came to his wedding planning, it took Trout a while to get fully engrossed, but once he got started, he was all in.
In an interview with Spring Training, Trout said he got to do some cake tasting. He revealed his favorite flavor being Cookies and Cream. Moreover, the Angels star mentioned Funfetti as being one of the best.
This weekend was pure m a g i c pic.twitter.com/L5wAsfpuyk— Jessica Tara Trout (@JessTara) December 13, 2017
Talking of how it all began, the couple's love story goes way back in high school. Trout dated Cox while they were studying in Millville Senior High School in Millville, New Jersey. Moreover, Trout said Jessica is one of his best friends while speaking of their early dating years.
The baseball star said:
“I met her in high school, and we trust each other, and she is one of my best friends. She is somebody I can talk to and is always here for me.”
It's definitely adorable how the pair is together for so long. Meanwhile, Cox is a middle school teacher by profession. She is currently a sixth-grade teacher at Dennis Township School Board in New Jersey.
Furthermore, Jessica is active in charitable events. She regularly participates in Angeles Wives Charity events. Most notably, she took part in Fill the Boot raising money for local fire departments in Los Angeles, as well as Golden Ball in partnership with the Special Olympics.
It remains to be seen when the pair decides to add cute little kids to their already wonderful family. In the meantime, the couple certainly appears made for each other!
Mike Trout's Amazing Proposal
Four-time All-Star Mike Trout is well renowned to go big on the baseball field, so it's only fitting the Angels star would propose his gorgeous girlfriend the same way.
Trout's proposal game was definitely on point as he displayed his true romantic side by hiring a skywriter to pop the question to Jessica.
Cox expressed her delight on Instagram. She wrote, "I’m so excited to finally be able to officially call this amazing man my fiance!"
The proposal was most definitely out of this world and a normal lady could only dream of her man pulling off something like that for her. However, Mike is no ordinary man. He is an amazing player on the field and he looks to be a brilliant husband off it.
Mike Trout: Quick Facts
- Born on 7th August 1991 in Millville, New Jersey.
- His birth sign is Leo.
- His parents are Jeff Trout and Debbie Trout.
- He has two older sibling brothers named Teal Trout and Tyler Trout.
- His father was a baseball player at University of Delaware, later becoming a draft pick as a secondary baseman in the fifth round by the Minnesota Twins in 1983.
- He grew up as a Philadelphia Phillies fan and went to their World Series parade in 2008.
- He initially played in a division of baseball league called Cal Ripken Baseball.
- He played as the shortstop during his youth days.
- He wore #2 because of his childhood idol New York Yankees' Derek Jeter.
- He switched to wearing #1 in high school.
- He went to Lakeside Middle School and graduated from Millville Senior High School in 2009.
- He earned the American League MVP award twice in 2014 and 2016 playing for Los Angeles Angels.
- He won the Rookie of the year award in 2012.
- He is well renowned for his prowess in fielding and versatility at the plate.
- Before he was a pro, he won Minor League Player of the Year in 2010.
- He was the 25th pick in the 2009 draft.
- His net worth is estimated to be $10 million.