Patrick Dempsey, a true veteran of the Hollywood industry began his acting career in the 80s featuring in several movies and series ever since. He has accumulated a huge amount of wealth thanks to his impressive career.
Today in this section, we'll reveal the net worth of this brilliant actor, his earnings, salary, car collections, as well as a stunning multimillion home he bought in 2016. Let's get to it.
Patrick Dempsey's Net Worth
Patrick Dempsey's net worth is estimated to be $62 million. His annual salary stands at $8 million. The net worth of Patrick has seen a hike of 25% over the past few years. He makes the majority of his income through his career as an actor and a race car driver.
Dempsey reportedly earned $350,000 per episode from TV series Grey's Anatomy. Moreover, he made $4 million, $750,000, and $500,000 from Made of Honor, Enchanted, and Freedom Writers, respectively.
Talking of the actor's car collections, it is pretty decent. He owns some of the best luxury cars in the world, which includes Mercedes Benz, Porsche, and Ford.
Patrick's net worth is expected to rise in coming years. His wealth is reportedly expected to grow by 36% in the coming years.
Patrick Dempsey Bought A Stunning Mansion In Malibu In 2016
The race car driver lives in Malibu, Los Angeles, California. The luxury home was bought in 2016 for a reported fee of $6.4 million.
The deal was concluded in May 2016 with real estate agents Ellen Francisco and Brett Lawyer. The gorgeous white traditional home is not exactly on the beach, but rather up against the mountains of Malibu. It's located merely a short drive from the shore.
The house consists of four bedrooms and four bathrooms with an area of 4415 sq. feet. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings. The living room has a fireplace and numerous doors that take to the patio area at the back.
Meanwhile, the kitchen features a large oven, Moreover, there's plenty of counter space with a marble top island. The dining room is right next to it that can easily fit a table for as many as eight people.
Besides the basic features, there are plenty of extras that come with the mansion. Most notably, there's a swimming pool large enough for laps, as well as an attached hot tub. Furthermore, the patio area looks big enough for a large garden party.
The grassy area provides the potential for barbecues or frisbee. The home, in general, is traditional. It has a light beige exterior and white accents, while the roof is colored brown. Impressively, there's a tennis court on the sprawling grounds.
Earlier in July 2017, Patrick's wife Jill had sold the $8 million Pacific Palisades with an $8 million profit. Likewise, in 2015, the actor sold a larger Malibu home for $15 million.
Patrick Dempsey's Career And Awards
Patrick Dempsey is best known for portraying the role as neurosurgeon Derek McDreamy Shepherd in TV Series Grey's Anatomy. He starred alongside Ellen Pompeo who played Dr. Meredith Grey.
Dempsey gained early success in the 1980s starring in movies such as Can't Buy Me Love (1987) and Loverboy (1989). In the 90s, he mostly featured in smaller roles. It was in 2002 when the actor landed his next lead role in the film Sweet Home Alabama which turned out to be a box office hit.
Patrick has since featured in movies such as Enchanted (2007), Made of Honor (2008), and Valentine's Day (2010). Moreover, he has also starred in Flypaper (2011), Freedom Writers (2007), Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011), and Bridget Jones's Baby (2016).
The actor has been nominated for 22 awards in his career winning 6 of them. His first success arrived in 1987 when he won the Young Artist Award for the film Can't Buy Me Love. Meanwhile, Patrick's most recent victory was in 2015 when he won Favourite TV Drama Actor for Grey's Anatomy.
The actor is also a professional race driver. He has competed in pro-am events such as 24 hours of Le Mans and Rolex 24. During one of the interviews, Dempsey claimed that he would quit acting if he could dedicate himself full time to motorsports.
Patrick Dempsey: Quick Facts
- Born on 13th January 1966 in Lewiston, Maine.
- His birth sign is Capricorn.
- His parents are William Dempsey and Amanda Dempsey.
- He grew up in the nearby towns of Turner and Buckfield.
- His mother was a school secretary while his father was an insurance salesman.
- He has two older sisters and a half brother.
- He went to Buckfield High School and St. Dominic Regional High School.
- He later attended Willowridge High School after shifting to Houston.
- He participated in juggling competitions as a kid.
- He was tied for second in a national juggling championship during his high school days.
- He was diagnosed with dyslexia when he was 12.
- He gained popularity for his role as Dr. Derek Shepherd on Grey's Anatomy.
- He played the role of Dylan in the hit film Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
- His first wife was Rocky Parker.
- He shared wedding vows with his second wife named Jillian Dempsey in 1999.
- He shares three children with Jillian, a daughter named Tallulah Dempsey, and twins named Sullivan Patrick Dempsey and Darby Galen Dempsey.