Sports personalities are well known for dating several women in their career span. However, there are some who don't seem too keen towards the dating game. Blake Bortles belongs in the latter category whose dating life does not appear too lively.
Bortles was known to be in a blissful relationship with a gorgeous lady a few years ago. After an abrupt end to it, is the NFL star currently in a new relationship?
Is Blake Bortles Dating Someone?
Blake Bortles is reportedly single. He seems fully focused on his career at the moment.
The quarterback hasn’t gone public with a relationship for a few years now. He previously was in a high profile one, but his dating endeavors since then are largely unknown.
Bortles does not seem to be in a hurry to start a relationship as he appears most concerned with his professional life at the moment. He is likelier to make his move when he deems the time is right.
Bortles hasn’t been too forthcoming about any information about his personal life in recent times. Moreover, he keeps his social media accounts free from any posts that might interest the media.
The NFL star shares pictures of his team, his family, and his friends, albeit not too often. Furthermore, during the football season, he seems to prefer to stay off of social media.
Blake Bortles' Past Affairs
Blake Bortles is only known to be in one relationship in the past. He last dated a girl named Lindsey Duke. The couple split back in 2014.
Blake and Lindsey were high school sweethearts who parted ways for reasons that were never made clear. Apparently, things seemed to be going well for the pair and the split came as a surprise.
Despite reports that Duke broke up with Bortles, someone who claims to be close to Blake's family said the quarterback dumped Duke. The person said:
"[I’m] not sure. [A] friend of mine is good friends with his family and they said he was single now. Only [thing] I know is he ended it."
Back in 2014, Bortles appeared on the Dan Patrick show where his relationship came up. Although the interviewer did not directly ask about his love life, the curiosity of the media was discussed.
The interviewer asked:
"Wait, what did they ask you about your girlfriend. If you had one?"
The NFL star responded:
"Yeah, [they asked] if I had one. It was just kind of some awkward, ‘Well if we come to town will she be there for dinner?’ Stuff like that."
The conversation went back and forth. Bortles was then asked:
"Wait a minute, your girlfriend’s a little famous right? She’s been on the Internet, pictures have gone viral of her. Very, very striking woman. Didn’t they do their homework on this?"
The American Football star replied:
"Yeah. They knew going into the meeting. I think that was kind of their angle, to see how I would react to it."
The last picture of Bortles and Duke appeared back in 2013. It is still unclear whether they have remained friends, but the fact that Blake chose not to delete all of their photos suggest they might be.
Blake Bortles: Quick Facts
- Born on 28th April 1992 in Altamonte Springs, Florida.
- His birth sign is Taurus.
- His parents are Rob Bortles and Suzy Bortles.
- His father was a wrestler and football player in high school while his mother played high school softball.
- His brother Colby Bortles is a third baseman with the Ole Miss baseball team.
- In the 2014 NFL Draft, he was selected third overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- In the 2017 NFL draft, he was drafted in the 22nd round by the Detroit Tigers.
- He played at the University of Central Florida for three years from 2010-2013.
- He was a first-team All-AAC selection in 2013.
- He threw for more than 5,500 yards during his career at Oviedo High School.
- In his final game for UCF, he was named MVP of the game after he led the school to an upset over Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl.
- His net worth is estimated to be $20.6 million.