Couples who stay together for decades have a certain charm they carry. It's definitely admirable when a duo goes such distance in their married life with no rumors of a conflict. Ryan Stiles is one such star who bumped into the love of his life while he was relatively young.
The pair embraced each other as life partners after dating for years. Ryan is currently in a blissful married life of thirty years with his beautiful spouse and kids.
Ryan Stiles' Married Life
Ryan Stiles is married to his wife Patricia McDonald. The couple tied the knot in 1988.
The lovebirds first met in 1981 at Punchlines where she was working as a waitress. Ryan asked her to go out on a date with him. Before sharing wedding vows, the pair lived together for nearly a decade.
Ryan and Patricia share three children together, two sons named Sam Stiles and Mackenzie Stiles, and a daughter named Claire Stiles.
Stiles semi-retired after a few years of marriage as he decided to spend some quality time with his family. During this period, he opened his upfront theatre for improving and improvising comedy in Bellingham. The entire family resides on Lake Samish, on the south side of Bellingham, Washington.
According to Celebrina, Stiles' former residence in Sherman Oaks, California was previously owned by Liberace, an entertaining performer. He later sold it and moved to Washington, where he currently lives with his wife Patricia and their three kids.
Ryan's family also shares three dogs - a golden retriever, a Scottish terrier, and a shepherd. Moreover, Stiles also likes to fish, drive his boat, take walks, play with his dogs, read, and just relax. The entire family loves hanging out together.
Meanwhile, the comedian is a frequent fundraiser for children with burn injuries, raising over $500,000 for the Burned Children Recovery Center since 2009. He has helped the foundation to recover from the "economy crash of 2008".
Ryan is undoubtedly a brilliant husband and a father too. There has never been any rumors nor reports of any conflict between the pair. This delightful duo is living a blissful married life of three decades.
Ryan Stiles' Career
Ryan initially performed at clubs near his home in Vancouver. He helped Rich Elwood start Punchlines Comedy Club before becoming the head writer of The Don Harron Show on CTV.
Stiles later became the host of Comedy College on CBC. After shifting to Los Angeles, he gained the attention of the producers of the British improvisational comedy show titled "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" The comedian performed on the show from 1989 to 1998.
Ryan's role in the show devoted fan to follow him in the United Kingdom. In 1995, he was asked to perform at "The Drew Carey Show" which he gladly accepted.
Carey successfully promoted ABC to get an American version of “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” produced and premiered in 1998. In 2002, the comedian was chosen for a Primetime Emmy Award for Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program.
Ryan Stiles: Quick Facts
- Born on 22nd April 1959 in Seattle, Washington.
- His birth sign is Taurus.
- Her parents are Irene Stiles and Sonny Stiles.
- He has four siblings.
- His father was a supervisor at a Vancouver-based Canadian fish processing plant, while his mother was a homemaker.
- His family moved to Vancouver, British Columbia when he was 10.
- He attended R.C. Palmer Junior Secondary School and Richmond Senior Secondary in Richmond, British Columbia.
- He dropped out of high school to pursue a stand-up comedy career aged 17.
- He is best known for his bravado and improv skills on TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- He co-starred in the comedy films Hot Shots! and Hot Shots! Part Deux, released in 1991 and 1993, respectively.
- He acted alongside Drew Carey on The Drew Carey Show which ran for 9 seasons.
- His net worth is estimated to be $9 million.