The year 2016 was very rough for the Icelandic actor, Stefan Karl Stefansson as he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. And after more than a year of long cancer battle, the actor has finally given a positive update on his health after the surgery.
And now the actor is all set to return home soon and be with his loving and caring wife actress Steinunn Olina Porsteinsdottir and his adorable children.
Let's talk in detail about the brave and powerful couple in today's section.
Actor Stefán Karl: Positive Cancer Update: A big Relief to his Wife and Children
Stefan Karl who portrayed the role of crazy villain in series Lazy Town was suffering from stage four pancreatic cancer since September 2016.
To fight against cancer, he opened a page, GoFundMe page to raise charity for his surgery which was recently carried out, removing all of his tumours and metastases.
The surgery went successfully and he stated that he is doing really well and although he is not free from the disease, he is making a tremendous progress in his health.
In the page, he noted,
"So, there is a little misunderstanding going on, but still there is a good reason to celebrate life, I have been asked by hundreds of people tonight if it's true that I'm free of cancer. This is one of those questions I don't really know how to answer.
That we will not know in the coming weeks or months, that's just how Cholangiocarcinoma of Bile Duct cancer works, you simply don't know. I'm free of any cancer metastases right now after undergoing a very successful liver surgery in June this year."
His wife and three children have been by his side, supporting him through out the painful phase and now they are finally relieved after the surgery.
Blissful married life of Iceland actors Stefan Karl and Steinunn Olina
The 42-year-old actor, Stefan, who's famous for his role as villain Robbie Rotten in popular children's TV series LazyTown, met his gorgeous wife, Steinunn back in late the 1990s and the duo started dating from that moment.
His wife Steinunn is also an Icelandic actress, who has starred in numerous theatre and drama series including My Fair Lady, Fiddler on the Roof, Noises Off, Three Sisters, The Idiot and so on.
The duo married after dating for few years and together they share three wonderful children. The couple welcomed their first child, son Steini on May 12, 2008, and later welcomed their other two children, daughters.
The happy family of five lives in their grand mansion in Los Angeles as the actor Sefan is still under recovery from the life threatening cancer.
Well, all in all, we wish for the actor's speedy recovery and wish the family life time of happiness and togetherness.
Quick Facts about Stefan Karl
- Born and raised in Hafnarfjordur, Iceland, Stefan Karl is a prominent Icelandic actor known as Robbie Rotten, the villain on children's TV series LazyTown.
- The series is popular worldwide, airing in over 103 countries in all famous networks including Discovery Kids, Disney, CBBC, CBS. BBC, RUV-Icelandic TV and Nick Jr.
- Was raised in a small village of Iceland and graduated from The Icelandic Academy of Arts, doing major in Drama and Theatre.
- Started working as a theatre actor in Nationa Theatre of Iceland.
- Got his lead role as a comedian in the Lazy Town Theatre Production, writing about his own character Robbie Rotten.
- Has bagged a number of awards including EMIL Award, EDDA Award, Emmy Award nominations, two BAFTA Award nominations in the United Kingdom winning 2006's BAFTA Award.
- His movie credits include Privacy, Regina, Night at the Museum(Voice Over), Thor( Voice Over), Polite People, Johannes, Aramostaskap and so on.
- Has also founded a non-profit organisation called Rainbow Children in Iceland for child education and motivation.
- He runs his own TV and film production company in Europe.
- Lives in LA with his wife and three children.
- His net worth is estimated to be $2 Million.
For more updates follow our page!!!!!!!