Award winning broadcaster, journalist, and author Clare Balding is happily married to Alice Arnold in a secret ceremony. They are now living together as a happy family.
Love has no gender, same love was legalized in the UK in 2013 and only after that the journalist Clare Balding married Alice Arnold in 2015 with the legalization of gay marriage and LGBT rights.
Clare has an amazing family and personal life but she once suffered a chronic thyroid cancer. The much-loved presenter is among us regaining her health; though remained hopeless that moment.
Here is every thing you want to know about Clare Balding!
Clare Balding Married Alice Arnold
Clare tied the knot to the fellow broadcaster and journalist Alice Arnold,5, in the year 2015. The duo has been together for 15 years as they met for the first time at their work place.
They exchanged vows in a secret ceremony. The broadcaster said,
"We didn't have a big party at all actually. Nobody came apart from us."
Clare and Alice at the Stonewall Equality Dinner, Source: Mirror
Balding explained during an appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show,
"They just backdate it to when you did your civil partnership. So officially now we have been married since 2006."
Alice worked as a newsreader and community announcer on BBC Radio 4 for over 20 years. Balding formalized her relationship with Alice in September 2006 entering into a civil partnership.
Just see the cheque!
They finally married in 2015 when gay marriage was legalized in the United Kingdom.
Last year, she confused her fans in the coverage for the Rio Olympics as she was spotted without the wedding ring.
Nice gesture hmmm!
She later revealed the fact that she left the ring at home due to safety concern.
It's obviously been two years and we can assure you that the couple is living a happy life in Chiswick, London.
Clare Balding: Her Struggle of Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid cancer is rare but a severe case affecting as much as 4000 people every year in the UK.
Clare admitted that she suffered and diagnosed with thyroid cancer in May 2009. However, she is all clear in the month of January 2011 with her thyroid gland removed.
Ready for the action?
She accepted that she was "hopeless" and struggled a lot during diagnosis and treatment mechanisms. She once told BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs,
"I pretended it wasn’t happening… I was terrible."
Luckily, she is fully recovered from the issues after radioactive iodine treatment with no spread of the cancer spread in other body parts.
Quick Facts about Clare Balding
Source: Clare Balding
- Born on 29 January 1971 in Kingsclere, Hampshire, England.
- Studied in Downe House in Berkshire; was the head girl over there.
- Enrolled the Newnham College, Cambridge and studied English.
- She became a trainee with BBC National Radio in 1994 working on 5 Live, Radio 1, Radio 2, and Radio 4.
- Made her debut as a television presenter in Royal Ascot.
- Reported six Olympic Games, for BBC Radio in Atlanta and BBC Television in Sydney, Athens, Beijing, London and Rio de Janeiro.
- Presented the walking program Ramblings for BBC Radio 4.
- Worked in BBC TV series in 2010.
- Served as one of the presenters on BBC Sports Personality of the Year; is a regular presenter of Good Morning Sunday on BBC Radio 2.
- From 2013 until 2016, worked as a major presenter on Channel 4 Racing covering major festivals Cheltenham and Royal Ascot.
- Wrote columns for The Sporting Life, Racing Post, Sunday Telegraph, The Evening Standard, and Stylist.
- Appointed as the Officer of the Order of the Order of the British Empire
(OBE) in 2013 Birthday Honors.
- Won the Royal Television Society's "Sports Presenter of the Year" and "Racing Journalist of the Year Award" in 2003.
- Awarded with the "Biography/Autobiography of the Year" of the National Book Awards for My Animals and Other Family.
- Won the 2012 Sports Journalists' Association's annual British Sports Journalism Award for Sports Broadcaster of the Year.
- Earns an attractive salary between £150,000-£199,999 as of 2017.
For more updates and current gossip of celebs visit our official page.