CBC News Now host Ian Hanomansing is living blissfuly with his wife Nancy Hanomansing at their residence in Vancouver. The couple shares two sons between them. Know about their Marriage Life
Ian Harvey aka Ian Hanomansing is all set to be the new anchor of CBC's flagship show The National. The decision came after Peter Mansbridge decided to step down from the position.
It's a big news for all the fans of the Trinidad-born host. Ian's always been professional and due to his hard work, he's finally going to get the position that he deserves.
Many of you might wanna know about this man's personal life. No worries, as today in this section we're going to put up all the details about the reporter's personal life.
His wife, his children, we'll tell you all about it.
CBC News Now host Ian Hanomansing is living blissfully with his wife Nancy Hanomansing
CBC News Now host Ian Hanomansing is happily married to his wife Nancy Hanomansing since a long time.
Ian and his better wife Nancy, Source: Dalhousie University
But lucky for Ian, as his girlfriend Nancy Trott, now Nancy Hanomansing, from the days at the Dalhousie Law School is still with him. In fact, they're married and share two adorable children.
The love birds first met while they were studying LLB together. They graduated from the college in 1986. It's been more 20-years since they tied the knot back in early 1990s.
Ian while reporting for CBS, Source: Forevor Young Information
Ian and Nancy shares two children
The 55-years-old host is the proud father of his two two teenage sons who are all grown-up and passed their high school last year.
Ian-Over the year at CBC, Source:
Ian and Nancy were good parents for their children. As a big reprter, Ian was getting a lot of offers from various big companies from the United States and other parts of Canada.
But being a good dad, he choose to stay at the city of Vancouver, so that his sons can study at the same school.
It's been 25-years now since they decided to live at Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant neighbourhood. Their boys are all grown-up and the couple can now choose to live wherever they want without any hassle.
Ian alongside global star Paul Sun-Hyung Lee and Andreas Bang, Source: CBC
Ian Hanomansing-The new face of the CBC Network
The Gemini Award winning reporter is now getting the position that he deserves after all this hard work. Ian is now going to be the new host of CBC networks main show The National from coming July.
Ian will replace Peter Mansfiel as the new host of the National, Source: National Newswatch
The veteran host Peter Mansfield is now stepping down from the position after holding it for the last three decades.
The big moment will take place at the eve of Canada's 150th birthday celebration. Many of his relatives congratulated the host for achieving his dream after long hard work.
Quick Facts about Ian Hanomansing
- Born in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, but raised in Sackville, New Brunswick, Ian Hanomansing is the famous Canadian TV journalist working for CBC.
- Attended Mount Allison University and graduated with a degree in political science and sociology.
- studied law at Dalhousie Law School and graduated in 1986.
- started his career in news industry at CKDH news channel in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Has won the Gemini Award for Best News Anchor in 2008 beating Peter Mansbridge and Kevin Newman and also won the Canadian Screen Award for Best National News Anchor.
- Famous for hosting CBC News Now with Ian Hanomansing.
- Just recently, he was appointed as co-anchor of CBC's hit news show, The National, along with Adrienne Arsenault, Rosemary Barton, and Adre Chang.
- His creative live news specials like Downtown Drugs, Crime on the Streets were very popular making them to be the only live national news special from a Canadian Federal Penal Institution.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $3 million.
We wish for his success as the new host and hope that he'll be able to take the role as good as Peter took.