Jamie Whitmore, an American triathlete and world champion Xterra Triathlon who has proved to the world that "disability does not inability". Despite suffering from rare cancer and being disabled, she has proved the world that she can do anything and can achieve her dream.
During her time of struggles, she was not all alone there was someone who always supported her no matter what and that someone is her husband Courtney Cardenas. The couple married in 2000 and is together happily ever since. To learn more about her married life and her inspiring journey as a wife, mother and an athlete stay with us!!!!!
Jamie Whitmore, know her married life with husband Courtney Cardenas
The couple, Jamie, and Courtney met for the first time when Jamie started her career in Triathlon. They met on a mountain riding. At that time, her husband was an American triathlete debuted I ATV. Soon after their first meeting, they started dating.
Despite the disability of Jamie, the love between them never ended and as a result, the couple married in 2000 after she was diagnosed with cancer.
It's been almost more than 18 years since they tied the knot and their relationship is still going strong with no divorce rumors or any extra marital affairs.
The couple is blessed to have their twin children
Jamie was not recovered fully, so even after years of their marriage, they did not plan to have children. Later on, after almost 10 years of their marriage, Jamie gave birth to their twins and named them Christian and Ryder.
We must say they are such a blissful family and we wish them to be always happy and together.
Jamie's inspiring career
Right from an early age of 5, she started swimming and began to involve in various sports. She also earned a scholarship from her university only because of her amazing sportsman ship spirit in running cross country and track, later on, became the distance runner.
Moreover, in 1998, she decided to build her career in triathlete and started working for it as well. As time passes, she became one of the professional mountain bikers and won her first Xterra off-road triathlon.
Furthermore, she succeeded to become one of the most successful female athletes. By 2008, she felt a massive pain in her leg which later turned into rare cancer for which she has to go under several surgeries and chemotherapy. Due to which she could not continue her career.
In 2012, she shows her true sports man ship spirit by returning back and participating in the competition as a para-cyclist where she won the first US national Paralympic title.
Quick Facts about Jamie Whitmore
- Born as Jamie Whitmore Cardenas on 4th May 1976 in Mount Aukum, California.
- Is an American and belongs to white ethnicity.
- Stands at 5 feet 5-inch height.
- Attended Valley High School where she competed in a different swimming competition.
- Graduated with a degree in Criminology from California State University in Northridge.
- Started professional career from triathlon, a sport consisting three endurance including swimming, running and cycling.
- Won almost 37 events in many different countries and also won six championships in the United States.
- Suffered rare cancer in her leg.
- Became para-cyclist since 2012.
- Won ESPY Award for the best women cyclist with a disability.
- Also won many gold medals, silver as well as bronze too.
- Runs coaching business Triathlon which she owns.
- Has an estimated net worth of $0.2 million.
For more latest updates follow our page!!!!!