Popular and brilliant British television presenter and correspondent for BBC news channel, Jon Sopel has disseminated global news, political issues, served as news presenter covering all the happenings around South Asia and the Middle East.
His shows including The Politics Show and Global News made him one of the prominent faces in the news industry. For a man with such success and honor, it takes a lot of support and motivation from family, and Jon is blessed with such family.
He's happily married to his wife Linda Sopel and the couple shares a wonderful family together.
Jon Sopel is living a blissful Married life with Wife Linda Sopel
The 58-year-old Jon met his lovely wife Linda Twissell Sopel while working at Radio Solent, BBC Local Radio service station.
The duo started off as good friends but eventually ended up falling for each other. They fell in love and got married in 1998 at a private wedding ceremony amidst close family and friends.
And after all these years, the perfect pair is still going strong without any divorce or affair rumors.
Just last year, during the October, the pair went on their second romantic honeymoon to Kenya, reminiscing the moments they spend at the same destination where they went on their first honeymoon.
But this time, they went with their two adorable yet beautiful children, a son and a daughter, who have all grown up named Max and Anna.
The pair had an amazing time together and speaking with DailyMail. Linda stated,
"What surprised me (and frightened me a little) was how close we were to the ground, scraping over the treetops.
"When we were in the Masai I think I said that going up in a hot-air balloon would be one piece of expenditure too far. It was a decision I immediately regretted and was something I was determined to put right."
Linda who is also a former political journalist enjoyed a romantic stay in camp at the Beyond The Lodge Bateleur Camp that looked absolutely heavenly.
The trip that offered them a twin center safari/beach trip cost them nearly $7300. All in all, the pair had the most amazing time together and we wish them a life time of happiness and togetherness.
Career and quick Facts about Jon Sopel
- Born and raised in London, UK, Jon Sopel is the famous British television presenter and correspondent for the BBC's international news channel.
- Currently, serves as the North America Editor for the BBC.
- Famous for being the presenter of shows like The Politics Show on BBC One and main presenter on Global.
- Attended Christ's College, Finchley in North London.
- Graduated with an 2:1 honors degree in Politics from Southampton University.
- Was the President of the Student's Union for National Organisation of Labour Students.
- started his career as freelance writer and joined BBC in 1983 as reporter and producer for BBC Radio Solent where he met his lovely wife Linda.
- He's eventually become a chief political correspondent for BBC News 24, covering French ban, millennium celebrations in Paris, the oil spill in Brittany, French Presidency of the EU, Concorde Crash and much more.
- In 2012, he was appointed as the lead presenter for a new program, Global with Jon Sopel airing every Monday on BBC World News.
- He's won Political Journalist of the Year back in 2007, along with Honorary Doctorate of Letters from University of Southampton.
- His annual salary is estimated to be approx. 1$187,000.
For more updates follow our page!!!!!!!