Filipino singer and actress Maria Socorro Ledesma, widely known as 'Kuh Ledesma' is a household name for the big fans of pop and jazz singing. She's achieved a lot working very hard in singing and she is the only Filipino singer receiving Salem Music Awards.
Filipino singer and actress Maria Socorro Ledesma, widely known as 'Kuh Ledesma' is a household name for fans of pop and jazz music. The 62-year-old diva is the only Filipino singer to receive the Salem Music Awards in London in 1989. She has been a part of music for about 35 years and is still going strong.
She was married to Louie Gonzalez, the grandson of former president Elpidio Quirino. The former couple has a daughter named Isabella Gonzalez who is also a recording artist.
Kuh Ledesma's Current Relationship And Married Life With Ex-husband Louie Gonzalez
After splitting with her former husband, Louie Gonzalez, Kuh is spending all her time with her lovely daughter Isabella Gonzalez.
The 'Memories' star is not dating anyone at the moment and is very happy in her life with her family and daughter. In an interview she gave many years ago, she said she was happy being single but not opposed to getting married again but if it does not happen then it does not matter to her.
Kuh and Isabella; the gorgeous mother-daughter duo
Source: Asian Journal
Kuh was married to Luisito "Louie" Gonzalez, the grandson of former president Elpidio Quirino. The former husband and wife was together for many years until her ex-husband Lusito voluntarily surrendered to the NBI on 16 July 2008 in an accusation of killing his stepbrother Federico Delgado. He was in prison for almost a year.
Kuh singing 'Somewhere' with the Mandaluyong Children's Choir and PRIMO
Source: Jude Bautista Gallery
The singer's ex-husband was set free in 2009 after the Supreme Court dismissed the murder charges against him;
"I’m very happy and I thank the justice system for being fair and for seeing the truth."
Though he was set free from prison, the former husband and wife did not get back together. The reason behind their separation is still a mystery.
Meet Kuh Ledesma's Daughter Isabella Gonzalez
Isabella is very much like her mother, Ledesma. The Philippine 'Pop Diva' Kuh has dedicated 35 long years to the field of music with over 1000 concerts and numerous albums and awards.
On the top, she's also an actress. She has performed in 'The Year of Living Dangerously,' 'My Husband's Lover,' and 'My Destiny.' Other than that she is a self-taught architect, fashion designer, and painter.
Kuh and her daughter Isabella look exactly like each other
Source: Sssip WordPress
Isabella, the only daughter of Kuh has followed in her mother's footsteps. Though Isabella took acting classes and performed onstage when she was just ten years of age, she started her career as a visual artist.
While studying at the University of the Philippines, she studied fine arts and achieved special training at the Art Center College of Design in Los Angeles. As of now, she is an established recording artist
Kuh Ledesma; Quick Facts
Source: Inquirer Entertainment
- She was born on 16 March 1955 in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines.
- Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
- Belongs to Lebanese descent.
- Initiated her career when she joined the Lastiko band in Bacolod.
- Studied nursing at Colegio San Agustin-Bacolod.
- Shifted to Manila with the band members Toto Genetica and Jet Montelibano and organized the Music & Magic band.
- Achieved a lead role in the pop ballet Rama Hari by Alice Reyes.
- 'Dito Ba' is Ledesma's first hit solo song.
- Came with her international debut album Precious with American and Filipino songwriters and musicians.
- Performed in a series of concerts with foreign artists including Noel Ponter, Jack Jones, The Platters, Michel Legrand, and Kenny Rankin in the 1990s.
- Is the owner of Bravo Records, a music recording studio.
- Released her first gospel album Fragrance of Worship in December 2011.
Don't miss out on more at Married Wiki!