Darrick Wood is an American curriculum developer, teacher, and radio host by profession. Like few people who tend to get public and media attention, Darrick is one of those who came to the limelight after marrying a well-known figure in the US.
Who Is Darrick Wood's Spouse? Does He Have Kids With His Wife?
Darrick Wood is a happily married man with his wife, Damaris Phillips. His partner Damaris is an American chef and television personality.
Darrick first met his wife at one of their mutual friend's wedding and stumbled upon each other. They shortly began dating, which made them closer.
A few years later, Darrick walked down the aisle with his celebrity wife in the presence of his close ones at Willow Park in Louisville, Kentucky, on June 13, 2015. The grand wedding ceremony was attended by more than two hundred guests with, of course, a variety of food items on the menu.
Since their wedding, the husband and wife have been living a blissful life in the company of one another. The couple, however, do not share any children yet. Both of their busy schedules might be the main reason why they do not want to shoulder the responsibility just yet.
Considering Daamaris's age, the couple is exploring the possibility of adoption since having children of their own might not be feasible at this stage in life.
Unlike others who celebrate their wedding anniversary by cutting a cake or having a party, the pair commemorate it uniquely. Every year on their anniversary, Darrick and Damaris go to their wardrobe put on their wedding outfits, and recommit to one another by exchanging vows.
Darrick's wife Damaris revealed the reason for doing it is because they met at their friends Regan and Brad's wedding who also do the same and so they do the same as well.
Darrick is often active on social media and usually posts pictures and videos with his lovely spouse on them. There seems to be a good relationship between them; hopefully, they can maintain that bond in the future.
On June 13, 2023, which marked their 9th wedding anniversary, the husband and wife decided to renew their vows in wedding day attire.
Celebrity Chef's Husband's Net Worth
From his alliance in various fields of work, Darrick holds a net worth of $200,000. In contrast, celebrity wife Emily Jendrisak holds a net worth of $500,000.
The celebrity husband works as a Speed Art Museum at Gallery Teaching Manager, Curriculum Developer at Discovery Education, hosts a radio show "Inside A Question" on MXOX, etc. He is sure to make a hefty sum from his work.
Check out the clip of Darrick Wood's wife Damaris Phillips cooking!
Wood's beautiful wife, Damaris Phillips, on the other hand, is not only a well-known chef in the country, but she is also quite wealthy. The Season 9 Food Network television series "Food Network Star" winner holds a net worth of $3 million.
Quick Facts: Darrick Wood
- Darrick Wood received his education at Earlham College, where he majored in mathematics, physics, and philosophy.
- He enrolled at the University of Michigan, where he took intensive Hindi language and literature.
- Wood studied Hindi, philosophy, and meditation in a Buddhist monastery for five months at Antioch College.
- The celebrity husband is the founder of Curiosity Ed, a company that designs content enrichment programs, curricula, events, exhibits, and professional development workshops.
- In February 2016, he created the "Inside A Question" radio show, which airs every Sunday on 97.1 FM WXOX.
- Since May 2019, he has been working as the Gallery Teaching Manager at Speed Art Museum.
- His wife even wrote a cookbook titled Southern Girl Meets Vegetarian Boy.
- Darrik and his wife an animal lover and has many pet cats; Florence, Cleo, and kittens Ruby Lucy, and Percy.