Judy Tygard is an American television producer who works as the executive producer of CBS News. She oversees the popular news channel's show 48 HOURS. Before working as an executive producer, she worked as a writer, copy editor, line producer, and anchor producer for CBS News.
Is Judy Tygard Married? Who is Her Husband?
Judy Tygard is a married woman and has been living with her husband for many years. However, the name and other details of her spouse are under wraps. Furthermore, it is not learned when the two tied the knot.
The journalist also shares two children with her husband; a son Jack and a daughter. Together with their kids, the two live in New York.
Despite being a media person, the lady is only active on Twitter. Other than her professional life, it appears she prefers to keep away from media and the limelight and live a low-key lifestyle.
Usually, Judy is busy with her work on set, but she spends it with her family on her holidays.
Judy Tygard's Net Worth, Salary, And Career
Judy Tygard has been in the journalist industry for over three decades already. As a result of her years of hard work, she has a net worth of $1 million.
Generally, a television executive producer makes a salary of $92,236 annually in the US. As for someone like the veteran journalist, she's been working in the field for many years and that too for a reputed company like CBS. Therefore, she should earn much higher than 90 grand a year.
In her three-decade of working experience, Judy has worked for CBS for a long time. Over the years, she served in various positions, starting as a writer in "CBS EVENING NEWS" weekend editions.
Later, she worked as a writer, copy editor, line producer, and anchor producer for "CBS THIS MORNING." Tygard has covered various areas such as economic, political, and international stories for CBS News, such as the Moscow Summit, unrest in Cuba, Japan's post-war reckoning, inaugurations of three American Presidents, etc.
The lady joined "48 HOURS" in 2989 as a producer when it was in its second season, which recently aired its 34th season. She took the role of a senior producer in 2005 and became the executive producer in April 2019.
Tygard also began her broadcasting career at WNEW-TV in New York, working as a broadcast producer for the station's 10 PM newscast. For a short time, she also worked at ABC News.
Quick Facts: Judy Tygard
SOURCE: CBS News
- Judy Tygard was born in New York, the United States.
- She graduated Magna cum laude from Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts.
- While serving as a news writer, she worked with legendary anchors Bob Schieffer and Morton Dean at the "CBS Evening News."
- Judy worked as an executive producer in other CBS programs such as "Man on the Moon," "Meghan and Harry Plus One," "CBSN Originals," "Person to Person," "Dateline on ID," and few others.
- In her illustrious, she has won five Emmy Awards, three Alliance for Women in Media Gracie Awards, the Sigma Delta Chi Award, Sliver Gavel, Alfred I, duPont-Columbia University Award, and the George Foster Peabody Award.