Facts of Marc Morial
|Date of Birth :|
|Age :||65 years old|
|Family Name :||Morial|
|Birth Country :||United States|
|Birth Sign :||Capricorn|
|Height :||5 Feet 10 Inch|
Relationship short Statistics of Marc Morial
|What is Marc Morial marital status ? ( married,single, in relation or divorce):||Married|
|How many children does Marc Morial have ? (name):||3 Children|
|Is Marc Morial having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is Marc Morial Gay ?||No|
Marc Morial is an American political and civic leader who serves as the current president of the National Urban League. Previously, Morial worked as the Mayor of New Orleans as the city's youngest Mayor, United States Conference of Mayors, and Louisiana State Senator in the 1990s.
Is Marc Morial still Married to Wife Michelle Miller?
Politician Marc Morial has been happily married to his wife, Michelle Miller, since 1999. His marriage to Michelle was one of the largest nuptials in the city's history as the crowd at the St. Louis Cathedral where they wed flooded at Jackson Square.
In addition, at the wedding reception of the couple, the "expected turnout was so big that the slices of a wedding cake" were packaged and sent to the guests. Morial and his wife later moved out of the city, becoming the first modern couple of New Orleans to do so.
The couple shares three children, namely Mason Morial, Margeaux Morial, and Kemah Morial. The Morials family currently resides in New York City, where he works as a National Urban League President. As for Michelle, she serves for CBS Network.
How Rich Is New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial?
Marc Morial has an estimated net worth of over $2.81 million, as of 14 August 2020. Mr. Morial owns more than 3,575 units of Robert Half International Stock worth over $2,164,028. Over the last five years, Marc sold RHI stock worth over $314,224.
What's more? The father of three makes $333,083 as an Independent Director at Robert Half International. He earned a hefty amount while serving as an elected Mayor of New Orleans, LA, in 1994 by defeating Donald Mintz with 54% of the vote.
Being the youngest person elected Mayor of New Orleans in 50 years, he was also one of the youngest mayors of a major city in America. Morial campaigned with the promise to clean out city Hall with a shovel, not a broom. In addition, he won re-election to a second term in the 1998 New Orleans Mayoral Election by winning 80% of the votes.
Walking into the National Urban League, Morial headed the National Urban League in 2003 adding a new metric, the Equality Index, to the League's annual State of Black America in 2004.
Marc Morial's Books, Publications
Marc Morial has written two non-fiction books, published speeches, weekly newspaper columns, and a weekly newsletter, "ReMarcs" for the National Urban League. He wrote and published books like "A National Action Plan for America's Cities, The Urban Lawyer, The National Quarterly on State and Local Government Law; To be Equal, The Gumbo Coalition, and Decisions of Courage.
Marc Morial - Quick Facts
- Son of Ernest Nathan Morial served as the first African American mayor of New Orleans two terms from 1978 to 1986 and Sybil Haydel.
- Second of five children as he grew up with four siblings, including Jacques Morial, Cheri Morial, Monique Morial, and Julie Morial in Pontchartrain Park, a subdivision of New Orleans.
- Completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Received his Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Started his career as a lawyer in New Orleans, before he founded a private law practice there in 1985.
- Marc Morial has a keen interest in history, arts, music, and sports enthusiast.
- Enlisted as one of the 100 most influential Black Americans by Ebony Magazine and the Top 50 Nonprofit Executives by the Nonprofit Times.
- Board member of the Muhammad Ali Center and the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
- Serves as an Executive Committee member of the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, the Black Leadership Forum, and Leadership 18.
Keep coming back to Marriedwiki.com for more biographies and articles.
Marc Morial Married
First Marriage with Michelle Miller
Marc Morial and his wife Michelle Miller have been married for more than two decades. They share three children together.
Marc Morial Children
SON : Mason MorialMother: Michelle Miller
Mason Morial is the first child of Michelle Miller and her husband Marc Morial. Mason has two siblings Margeaux and Kemah Morial.
DAUGHTER : Margeaux MorialMother: Michelle Miller
Margeaux Morial is the second child of Michelle Miller and Marc Morial. She has two siblings Mason and Kemah Morial.
DAUGHTER : Kemah MorialMother: Michelle Miller
Kemah Morial is the youngest, third child of Marc Morial and Michelle Morial. Kemah has one sister and a brother.