Almost everyone read comics during their childhood, but not many people are familiar with the ones who deserve the credit for it i.e., comic artists. As such, one talented young lady has become a social media sensation due to her artistic works in recent years is Maya Devir. Most of the Israeli artist's inspiration for the artworks come from her everyday life with her family.
Who Is Illustrator Maya Devir's Sweetheart?
Maya Devir has been in matrimony with her husband Yehuda Devir for many years. Like herself, her other half Yehuda is also a comic book artist.
The couple is high school lovers and dated for a long time before tying the knot. Although the couple is yet to spill the beans when they exactly married, the couple celebrates their wedding anniversary on July 28 each year.
From their relationship, the pair welcomed their baby daughter Ariel Devir on May 28, 2019. Together with the husband and wife now gets their hands full in caring for their baby.
The small and happy family of three members is residing at their apartment in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Earnings and Wealth
From her career as an artist and illustrator, the talented lady has a net worth of $100,000. In comparison, US comic book artist Walt Flanagan has a net worth of $600,000.
On average, the salary of a comic book artist is $14.44 per hour. In contrast, in the US, the new artist can make $2000 for a 100-page book.
In their career, Maya and Yehuda have created many comic books and volumes. They have a personal website yehudadevir.com where they sell their created volume which includes "One of Those Days VOL.1" (Price= $89.90), "One of Those Days VOL.2" (Price= $89.90), and "One of Those Days VOL.3" (Price= $89.90).
Check out the clip of Maya Devir and Yeduha Devir's work!
With their talents and popularity on social media, there is few doubts that the duo makes a reasonable sum from their works.
Quick Facts: Maya Devir
- Maya Devir studied at the Bezalel Academy in Jerusalem.
- Devir and her partner's comics have been featured in famous places like Huffington Post and TEDx.
- Her spouse Yehuda's favorite comic hero is Hulk.
- The lady's favorite artists are Tomer Hanuka, Asaf Hanuka, Jim Lee, Jack Kirby, etc.
- The Devir couple also has a Youtube account where they upload videos about their works and occasionally do Q/A session.
- Maya is hugely popular on Instagram and has 1.1 million followers on it.