The talented Nicky Campbell is best known as a journalist, radio presenter, writer, and TV star who hosted the Sunday morning show The Big Questions and Long Lost Family on ITV.
Nicky Campbell Was Adopted
The famous Scottish TV presenter aka Nicky Campbell was adopted at nine days old by the Campbells family, aka his adoptive parents Frank Campbell and Elizabeth Campbell.
And, as an adult, Nicky decided to trace his birth mother in 1989. Campbell then went on the journey to find his biological father in 2002. At the time, he was himself a father to his own children.
Nicky Campbell - Married & Divorced Twice
TV personality Nick Campbell is happily married to his wife Tina Ritchie, who already served as the former head of Virgin Radio news. The husband and wife tied the knot in December 1997. The nuptial ceremony was an intimate yet lavish wedding celebration which was held in Kensington, London in the presence of close friends and few guests.
With his partner Tina, Nick is blessed with 4 beautiful daughters; Breagha Campbell, 20, Lilla Campbell, 18, Kirsty Campbell, 16, and Isla Campbell, 14 (as of 2021). The children of Nicky have brought him the biggest happiness. Campbell's marriage is also going great since there are no news and rumors of separation.
Past Marriage of Nicky Campbell
Before Tina Campbell, TV presenter Nick Campbell was married to a woman named Linda Larnach in Scotland in 1989. Linda was eight years older than Campbell.
However, things didn't go very smoothly forever for Campbell and his first wife. However, the reason for divorce Campbell's first divorce is unclear. In their marriage, Nicky also played the role of a step-father to Linda's two sons from a previous marriage.
Career and Net Worth of Nicky Campbell
Nick Campbell first began his career as a jingle writer before joining Capital Radio in 1986. Nicky then presented morning shows on BBC Radio 1. Nicky then worked at BBC Radio 5 Live, where he was the replacement of Julian Worricker.
Likewise, Campbell also hosted the British version of Wheel of Fortune, Top of the Pops, Watchdog, The Big Questions, For the Rest of Your Life, and Long Lost Family among others.
With his decades-long career in the television industry, Nicky Campbell has nothing to worry about when it comes to finances. Campbell's net worth is about $1 million and enjoys a luxurious lifestyle.
Nicky Campbell - Quick Facts
- Born in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
- Graduated with a history degree from the University of Aberdeen.
- Nicholas Andrew Argyle is the birthname of Campbell.
- Cambell's previous name was Nicholas Lackey.
- Interviewed Sir Jimmy Savile who was later reported to be a prolific sexual abuser. Campbell then donated £250 fee to the National Association for People Abused in Childhood.
- Plays guitar, piano, and ukelele.
- Wrote a jazz swing album in 2009 for actor Mark Moraghan called Moonlight’s Back In Style.
- Awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2015 Queen's Birthday Honours List for his services to Children.
- Patron of the British Association for Adoption and Fostering in London, England.
For more exclusive content related to celebrity, visit MarriedWiki.