Robin Swicord is an American film director, playwright, and screenwriter best known for her literary adaptations. Her notable works include Little Women, The Jane Austen Book Club, and Matilda.
Robin Swicord - Married to Husband Nicholas Kazan
Robin Swicord is a married woman who walked down the aisle with the true love of her life, Nicholas Kazan in 1984 in a lavish ceremony. Her husband Kazan is a wealthy and hardworking screenwriter. Robin has worked with her spouse Nicholas Kazan on the screenplay for Matilda which was adapted from a children's book by Roald Dahl.
Speaking of family, Swicord shares two beautiful children, Zoe Kazan and a daughter Maya Kazan with her husband. Both of Kazan's kids have followed in their parent's footsteps. Robin Swicord gave birth to the couple's first child Zoe on 9 September 1983. Similarly, second child of Robin arrived on 24 November 1986.
Robin Swicord - Net Worth, Movie Career
Robin Scicord has summoned a whopping net worth of $10 million as of 2022. She bagged a massive amount of money from her successful career as a playwright and for her work in Little Women, and The Jane Austen Book Club. Her highest-grossing projects include Matilda, Little Women, The Jane Austen Book Club, and Practical Magic.
Swicord garnered the Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for the Best Adapted Screenplay. In addition, Robin has been an active member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Board of Directors. Robin started making short films while studying in college.
Immediately, she got work as an industrial filmmaker in Atlanta, Georgia. Subsequently, Robing received an offer to work as a copywriter. In 1993, Robin made a directional debut in The Red Coat. In 1994, Swiicord conducted deep research into Louisa May Alcott's diaries to recreate the period for the movie Little Women.
Swicord also wrote the screenplay for the 2004 novel The Jane Austen Book Club. She directed the movie of the same title which was released on 21 September 2007. Furthermore, Robin won the Golden Satellite Award for a best-adapted screenplay in Memoirs of a Geisha. Swicord's other screenwriting credits include Tales of the Jazz Age and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
Robin Swicord - Quick Facts
- Robin Swicord celebrates her birthday every 23 October.
- Robin Swicord was born and raised in Columbia, South Carolina, United States.
- Robin Swicord is the daughter of businessman Henry Hank Grady Swicord II and Jean Carroll Swicord.
- Robin Swicord's dad was in the military, and the family spent most of its life in Barcelona, Spain. Until they eventually settled in Florida.
- Robin Swicord has a brother named Steven Swicord.
- Robin Swicord had a keen interest in writing since childhood. She wrote in college and became involved in screenplays.
- Robin Swicord graduated from the University of Florida State.
- Robin Swicord double majored in English and Theatre. Robin Swicord worked as a photographer at the school newspaper, Florida Flambeau.
- Swicord is the daughter-in-law of director Elia Kazan.
Keep visiting MarriedWiki for more interesting celebrity biographies.