Scott MacFarlane is an NBC Washington investigative journalist and former Cox Media Capitol Hill correspondent. As an aspiring journalist, Scott reported on major events, including child safety and other political occurrences.
Scott MacFarlane - Married to Wife Lisa Hines
Journalist Scott MacFarlane is happily married to his long-term girlfriend turned wife, Lisa Hines. The pair tied the knot on May 31, 2003, in a private wedding ceremony. And MacFarlane met his sweetheart at high school. And, since their romance sparked, they became inseparable.
Today, Scott and Lisa have crossed nearly two decades of marriage. Needless to say, they are living sound life with a few signs of disputes in their marriage.
Regarding family, MacFarlane shares two sons with his wife, Lisa Hines. The couple gave birth to their first child Jonathan MacFarlane in 2010 and their second child, Sammy MacFarlane, in 2013.
On June 23, 2020, Scott announced his loving wife, Lisa Hines, battled and beat cancer. He wrote, "Congrats to my wife. Two years cancer free! Strenght and grace always from Lisa".
For this reason, the news reporter celebrated his wife's health improvement on social media, adding that she has been cancer-free since 2018.
How Much is Scott MacFarlane's Net Worth?
Scott MacFarlane has summoned a net worth of $2 million which he earned from his career as a news reporter for MSNBC. As an experienced news reporter, MacFarlane makes no less than $96,900 per year from MSNBC.
The father of two began his career working at the radio station. Later, he became a news reporter and producer for the Syracuse TV station, WTVH. Following graduation, he became a news reporter for Freedom Broadcasting of Michigan. And by the next three years, he joined WWJ-TV in Detroit, Michigan.
From 2003 to 2005. Scott served as a news reporter for WOIO and WUAB. Subsequently, he took a short break to work as a communications director for a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee.
Immediately after his stint ended, MacFarlane started working at Cox Enterprises. He was also the Washington TV correspondent from 2005 to 2013. Since 2013, he has been part of the NBC Washington investigative committee.
What does Scott MacFarlane's wife, Lisa Hines, do for a Living?
Like MacFarlane, his wife, Lisa Hines, is a broadcast journalist with a degree in history and broadcast journalism. Lisa had been a news producer for ten years. At present, Hines is working as a history and journalism teacher at Montgomery County Public Schools.
Scott MacFarlane - Quick Facts
- Scott MacFarlane currently lives in Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States.
- Scott MacFarlane attended Highland High School and earned a Broadcast Journalism and Political Philosophy degree at Syracuse University.
- Scott MacFarlane is a native of New York, United States.
- While in high school, MacFarlane was active in the campus radio scene.
- Scott still visits his hometown and is connected to his Alma mater.
- MacFarlane is among the popular news anchor at NBC alongside Jessica Vilchis.
- MacFarlane is among the prominent alumni of NBC News, including Jim Miklaszewski.
- MacFarlane holds an American nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity.