Sean McDonough is a veteran sports commentator who has covered the World Series, NCAA Final Four, major golf championship, and the Olympic Games. Furthermore, he has also been the voice of Monday Night Football(MNF).
Is Sean McDonough Gay?
Sean McDonough is very private about his personal life. He is not available on any social media platform such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Furthermore, he never talks about his relationship status in interviews and mostly attends public events alone.
In lack of any information about McDonough marriage and wife, many people have speculated that the 58-year-old is a closeted gay. Despite the rumors all over the internet, Sean has never commented on the topic.
Sean McDonough Salary and Net Worth
Sean McDonough is currently a leading play-by-play commentator for ESPN college football and basketball games. He has been with ESPN since 1989, except for 1996-99, when he worked exclusively for CBS.
On average, a ESPN employee earns $39 910/yr. Since McDonough is a veteran announcer as well as ESPN ling time employee, there is no doubt his salary is way higher than the average.
In addition to ESPN, he also currently works for WEEI Red Sox Radio Network. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $2 million.
Quick Facts: Sean McDonough
- McDonough is the son of Will McDonough and Wilma McDonough.
- His father was a Boston Globe sportswriter.
- He grew up with four siblings, namely; Ryan McDonough, Terry McDonough, Erin McDonough, and Cara McDonough.
- Sean graduated from Syracuse University in 1984.
- In May 2007, he received an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from Southern Vermont College.
- In 2012, McDonough underwent surgery to repair Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome(SCDS).
- McDonough's voice cracked three different times during the Titans-Chiefs playoff game in 2018.
- He is credited as an actor in the movie Mr. Baseball and TV movie With a Kiss.
- McDonough is president of the Sean McDonough Charitable Foundation.
Visit Marriedwiki for more Celebrity Related Content!!!