The 56-year-old Tom is the famous American actress and voice artist who gained recognition after starring as Lena St. Clair in the hit movie The Joy Luck Club and as Julie on NBC sitcom Friends and she's happily married to Curt Kaplan and shares a son together.
Any Friends fans? Well, this will surely interest you! For those who wondered long way back whatever happened to the sweet paleontologist girlfriend, Julie of the famous character Ross (David Schwimmer), today we've scraped all the details about the talented actress, Lauren Tom.
The 56-year-old Tom is the famous American actress and voice artist who gained recognition after starring as Lena St. Clair in the hit movie The Joy Luck Club and as Julie on NBC sitcom Friends. Also known for her versatile voiceovers in many big animation franchises, the veteran actor has been married twice and a mother of a son is living happily with her husband Curt Kaplan.
Actress Lauren Tom is happily Married to Husband Curt Kaplan, blessed with one Son
The Andi Mack actress, Lauren Tom is happily married to his loving husband Curt Kaplan since October 1999. The pair met during the late 90's when both were in the struggling phase of their life.
Lauren with husband Curt and son Oliver with a friend | Source: Group Rev
Prior meeting Curt, Lauren was married to Glenn Lau-Kee. They tied knots on October 23, 1982, and were together for almost ten years until in 1992, when Lauren filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences and parted ways.
Then, she met Curt and both were head over heels for each other. The duo finally wed on October 17, 1999, in a secret ceremony. And after three years, the pair welcomed their first child, son Oliver Kaplan on August 26, 2003.
Oliver is now 14 years old and the family celebrated his 14th birthday this year going to a lovely family dinner.
And just a month ago, the adorable pair celebrated their 18-year-wedding anniversary and she posted pictures of them on her Instagram with the sweetest caption,
"Happy Anniversary to my funny, smart, deeply kind husband...18 years and still going strong. He’s 6’5” and I’m 5’0 so we look really stupid together, but somehow it all works...:)"
All in all, we wish this happy family best wishes for their forthcoming and hope they stay happy and united as always.
Lauren Tom; Quick Facts
Source: Getty Images
- Born and raised in the suburb of Chicago near Highland Park, Illinois.
- Belongs to Chinese descent as her grandparents were originally from Kaiping, Guangdong province, China.
- Daughter of Chan Tom Jr. and Nancy who had a frozen food business.
- Has an elder brother, Chan, aka Chip.
- Has won Obie Award for her critically acclaimed roles in The Joy Luck Club movie.
- Was teased when she was a teen due to her Asian looks that made her less social and introverted.
- Became passionate about dancing and acting and got her first major Hollywood break after her improvised role in 1990 comic movie Cadillac Man.
- Was discovered by manager Cheech Marin who cast her pilot on Tonight Show.
- Grew up in same Illinois town and her husband Curt Kaplan was her neighbor but she didn't know that while living there.
- Has appeared in tons of movies including Bad Santa, When A Man Loves a Woman, Catfish in Black Bean, Sauce, and Manhood.
- Best known for playing the role of Ross's girlfriend Julie in hit sitcom Friends.
- Has given voice in a number of series, Futurama (1999), King of the Hill (1997), Codename: Kids Next Door (2002), Teacher's Pet (2004), Rocket Power (1999), Max Steel (2001), Batman Beyond (1999), Superman (1996), Kim Possible (2002), Baby Clifford, American Dragon: Jake Long (2005) and the recently released animated DVD, Mulan 2 (2004).
- Collaborated with her mother and published a children's book, The Bubble Gum Machine.