Neil Young continues to surprise his fans with his amazing productivity and unexpected detours. He has received seven Grammys and Juno awards for his inspiring love songs including Such a Woman, Once an Angel and Unknown Legend.
He recently performed in a movie 'Paradox' released in March 2018; the movie was written and directed by his current girlfriend Daryl Hannah. The couple is having a great time together. Let's get details about their relationship below!
Neil Young's Currently Dating Actress Daryl Hannah
Neil Young has definitely stepped forward in his life after divorcing his wife in 2014.
The rock legend Young, 72, has found a new love in his life the same year he parted ways from his ex-wife.
Heart of Gold star and Kill Bill diva Daryl Hannah looked happy and relaxed when they enjoyed a sun-soaked holiday on the French Riviera back in July 2016.
The couple's yet to reveal details about how they met, still, they have been growing stronger since July 2014.
Young turned 72 in November last year, still, he's got tons of energy. He's published six studio albums in the past three years and he's recently starred in a movie named Paradox released on 23 March 2018.
It is an American musical film starring Willie Nelson with his two sons Lukas Nelson and Micah Nelson who teamed up with Young on the albums The visitor and The Monsanto Years.
The singer starred as Man in the Black Hat while the rock veteran's girlfriend, actress Hannah directed and wrote the movie.
Paradox isn't Young's first acting role. He performed, wrote and directed the 2003 movie Greendale.
The couple is going on in their personal as well as professional wellbeing. We hope to see them together until the end!
Neil Young's Past Affairs And Relationships
Young married his first wife, restaurant owner, Susan Acevedo in December 1968. The couple managed to be together for two years until they filed for divorce in October 1970.
He was in a long-term relationship with actress Carrie Snodgress in 1970. The couple welcomed their son Zeke Young on 8 September 1972.
They maintained their relationship for as long as 5 years.
Young met his future wife Pegi Young in 1974; the moment when she was working as a waitress at a diner near his ranch. The couple married in 1978 and blessed with two kids Ben Young born in 1978 and Amber Jean Young born in 1984.
The couple was so much into each other that they collaborated in music and co-founded the Bridge School in 1986.
Though everything was perfect in the family, Young was devastated when Amber was diagnosed with epilepsy. Both Ben and Zeke were diagnosed with cerebral palsy.
After 36 years living together, Young filed for divorce on 29 June 2014. Pegi addressed the split on an album of her own named 'Raw'.
The album is a mix of covers and originals songs co-written by Pegi and her bandmate Spooner Oldham.
Talking about her divorce, she said,
"We were having a rough patch. But I never would've thought in a million years we would be getting divorced. So, yeah, there was a bit of a shock value there."
"Writing [Raw] was very cathartic for me. What happened was real, but I also look at this record as having a universal quality to it. I'm certainly not the only one to go through a late-in-life divorce, and I'm not going to be the last."
Pegi maintains her personal life under wrap. Still, we know Neil has moved on with a new love.
Neil Young: Quick Facts
- Born on 12 November 1945 in Toronto, Ontario to Scott Alexander Young and Edna Blow Ragland "Rassy" Young.
- His birth sign is Scorpio.
- He is of American Nationality; belongs to mixed (American, French and Canadian) ancestry.
- He studied at Earl Grey Junior High School.
- Also attended Kelvin High School in Winnipeg.
- He idolized Elvis Presley; also referred him in numerous songs.
- During his Canada tour as a solo artist in 1965, he joined the Rick James-fronted Mynah Birds.
- He moved to Los Angeles in 1960s and formed Buffalo Springfield with Stephen Stills and Richie Furay.
- In 1995, he worked with his new album Mirror Ball with Pearl Jam.
- He also worked as a director in movies including Rust Never Sleeps, Human Highway, Greendale, and Journey Through the Past.
- He also contributed in Philadelphia and Dead Man with his soundtracks.
- Rolling Stone declared him the 34th greatest rock'n roll artist in 2000.
- He has an estimated net worth of about $65 million.