For most women, divorce is a one of the most heartbreaking memory one would ever forget in life. Former ABBA star Agnetha Faltskog has a constant reminder of her broken marriage with Bjorn Ulvaeus; all because of one of the group's biggest hits 'The Winner Takes It All.'
Let's get details about her current life along with her past married life and kids in today's session.
Agnetha Faltskog's Current Life; Is She Dating Someone In Secret?
The Swedish singer after two unsuccessful marriage is now single. Still, she's in good terms with her former husband Bjorn Ulvaeus maintaining their differences aside for the sake of their two children.
Since she abandoned the ABBA with a half-finished album in 1982, Faltskog mainly hit the headlines for all bad news in her life. She faced two broken marriages and failed love affairs in a row, a road accident in 1983, an accumulation of phobias, and her mother suicide in 1994.
She totally vanished from media and stopped recording music for almost 17 years until she released a new album in 2004.
She again started giving a number of hits. In May 2013, she released a new album called 'A'. The same year she received the SKAP 2013 Kai Gullmar Memorial Award at the Stockholm release party for 'A'.
In April 2016, a new biography of Faltskog was released by Daniel Ward. Agnetha Fältskog- The Girl With The Golden Hair published in the United Kingdom is all about her life story including her struggle in love and her career.
Agnetha Faltskog's Past Affairs And Relationships
In the late 1960s, she met German producer and songwriter Dieter Zimmerman. The couple dated for some time and got engaged, however, she ended the betrothal soon.
In 1968, she met her future husband Bjorn Ulvaeus, a member of the Hootenanny Singers. Her relationship with Ulvaeus and her friendship with Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad led to the formation of ABBA.
After some years of dating and working together, the two married on 6th July 1971. They welcomed their first child, Linda Ellin Ulvaeus on 23 February 1973 with a son named Peter Christian Ulvaeus on 4th December 1977
After nine years of living together as husband and wife, the two decided to separate in 1978. They separated with an official divorce in 1979.
Taking about her divorce, she said,
'Björn and I have dealt with the heartbreak. It’s amicable. In love, there are so many ups and downs but I remain optimistic. I haven’t closed any doors.'
The relationship failure led her to write 'The Winner Takes It All'. She was so affected by the split that she needed therapy to overcome the very tragic moment.
In 1990, she secretly married Swedish surgeon Tomas Sonnenfeld. Her relationship with Sonnenfeld came in the eye of the public when they divorced three years later.
Agnetha Faltskog: Quick Facts
- Born on 5 April 1950 in Jonkoping, Smaland, Sweden.
- Her birth sign is Aries.
- She is of Swedish Nationality; belongs to Caucasian ethnicity.
- She wrote her first song 'Tva sma troll' (Two Little Trolls) when she was just six.
- She started taking piano classes and sang in a local church choir in 1958.
- She worked as a telephonist for a car firm.
- She achieved a great success in her career after she released her first album Agnetha Faltskog in 1968.
- She was one of the members of the famous pop group ABBA that sold more than 380 million albums and singles worldwide.
- In the 1980s, she left the group and started performing as a solo artist.
- In 2013, she came with her fifth English language studio album, A that became her highest UK charting solo album to date.
- She has an estimated net worth of about $200 million as per the Celebrity net worth whereas it's about $80 million as stated by the Richest.