High school sweethearts often tend to depart when they pursue their respective careers which forces them to get distant. However, it's beautiful when two lovers stick with each other with the strength of love that began while they were still kids.
Madison Bumgarner knows what it's like to marry a girl he knew since their school going days. Let's get more details of his blissful married life, the information on how they first met, as well as a rather strange gift Madison once presented to his spouse.
Madison Bumgarner's Married Life
Madison Bumgarner tied the knot with his wife Ali Bumgarner on 14th February 2010. It was quite beautiful the fact that the couple got married on Valentine's day. However, the ceremony was so low-key and Madison reportedly wore jeans.
Speaking on the pair's wedding, Yahoo's Eric Adelson said:
"There’s more: Not only did Madison marry his high school sweetheart, Ali – who’s also from here – but he married her in a private ceremony while wearing jeans and a pocket knife. Not exactly high-maintenance."
"Madison’s a great guy,” his dad says. “He’s probably a better person than I am."
Just a while after their wedding, Madison reported to Spring training and later ended up winning the first championship with the San Fransisco Giants.
Madison and Ali are living a joyous life with no problems at all. During off-seasons, the pair lives on a farm situated in North Carolina, whereas they stay in a condo in San Francisco while the season is up and running.
It remains to be seen when the duo decides to add cute little children to their already delightful family. In the meantime, the lovebirds couldn't look more adorable together.
Madison Bumgarner and Ali Bumgarner - Together Since High School!
Madison Bumgarner and Ali Saunders (now Ali Bumgarner) are together since their high school days. Ali was raised in a small town near Hickory, in Hudson, North Carolina.
The area was nicknamed Bumtown because the place was renowned for numerous Bumgarners living there over the years.
The pair began dating when Madison was a star pitcher as well as Major League prospect back in his days at South Caldwell High School in Hudson. Bumgarner led his high school to a state championship back in 2007.
The pair stayed together after he got drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2007 draft. Madison instantly made a name for himself as he quickly climbed from the minor league to the major league making his debut in 2009.
The high school sweethearts tend to exchange gifts, but this one time one of the gifts turned out to be extremely unusual. Madison once bought Ali a cow. This would definitely be categorized under gifts not often, if ever, given by Major League stars to their wives.
However, a cow is a fitting gift for the couple's rural lifestyle. Apparently, the baseball star presented the cow to Ali just before the wedding, but it wasn't actually intended as a wedding gift.
Madison Bumgarner: Quick Facts
- Born on 1st August 1989 in Hickory, North Carolina.
- His birth sign is Leo.
- His parents are Debbie Bumgarner and Kevin Bumgarner.
- He was raised in a log house which his father built.
- He used to sleep in a loft at nights during his childhood.
- He played in a youth baseball league as a kid.
- His parents divorced when he was in high school.
- Throwing the ball is the only thing he does left-handed.
- He went to South Caldwell High School in Hudson, North Carolina.
- He featured in both baseball and basketball teams during high school.
- He was ranked the 14th best prospect in his class by Baseball America.
- He made his MLB debut when he was 20.
- He plays as a professional pitcher in MLB.
- He won MVP honors in 2014 after leading the San Francisco Giants to a victory over Kansas City Royals.
- He played a huge role in helping San Francisco Giants win World Series Championships in 2010 and 2012.
- He made the All-Star game in 2013 for the first time, finishing the season with 13 wins and a 2.77 ERA.
- Since Christy Matthewson in 1905, he became the first pitcher to not concede a home run in his first two appearances in the world series.
- His net worth is estimated to be $21 million.