Andrew Marr's bond with the wife has become more secured following his stroke in the year 2013. He married the political journalist Jackie Ashley of The Guardian in the year 1987. The couple is blessed with three children.
To know more details about Andrew Marr, just scroll down.
Andrew Marr's "Better and Warmer" Married life with Wife Jackie Ashley
Marr tied a knot to the political journalist Jackie Ashley of The Guardian in August 1987 in Surrey. Jackie is the daughter of the Labour life peer, Lord Ashley of Stroke.
The couple is blessed with three adorable children, a son Harry Marr and two daughters Isabelle and Emily.
The couple met for the first time in the year 1986 when Marr was appointed for the Independent and Jackie was with ITN.
They faced lots of disturbances in their relationship with a series of extra-marital affairs.
Ashley was said to be 'very cross' when her husband was photographed kissing a colleague outside a bar in 2012.
Their relationship faced a fragile scenario visiting High Court in contrary, everything is managed this time and the duo is very happy these days residing in Primrose Hill, North London.
Andrew Marr: His Struggle with Stroke
Andrew nearly lost his life following his stroke in 2013 and was admitted to Charing Cross Hospital in the middle of the very night.
‘I tore the carotid artery and that blocked the blood supply to the bit of the brain that happens to control motor function on the left side of the body.’
His wife took nine months leave to care him for the stroke left him partially paralyzed. She once told BBC2 documentary that she is still happy that her husband has survived despite being paralyzed.
He thought that he would never walk again; with the help of a leg brace, he manages to reach his working place at New Broadcasting House.
The TV personality further revealed that he had a "controversial" stroke treatment at a Florida clinic requiring an injection into his spine while hanging upside down.
Andrew addressed that his married life has become "better and warmer" following his stroke four years ago.
Quick Facts about Andrew Marr
- Born on 31 July 1959 in Glasgow, Scotland, the United Kingdom to Donald and Valerie Marr.
- His father was an investment trust manager.
- Enrolled Craigflower Preparatory School and later at Loretto School.
- Graduated with a first class honors degree at Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
- Was once a member of the Socialist Campaign for a Labour Victory.
- Initiated his career as a parliamentary correspondent and political correspondent in the year 1986.
- Joined The Independent in 1992 as the political editor.
- Later got an opportunity to work in BBC as political editor in May 2000.
- Hosted The Andrew Marr Show on BBC network since September 2007.
- In 2008, he presented the prime time BBC One series Britain From Above.
- The next year, he worked on his six-part television series on British politics in the first half of the 20th century Andrew Marr's The Making of Modern Britain.
For more updates and current gossip of celebs visit our official page.