Condoleezza Rice was once engaged to football player Rick Upchurch. The couple engaged in the 1970s. But they got separated before getting married.
Political scientist and diplomat Condoleezza Rice is the great inspiration to all the African-American women. She served as the 66th United States Secretary of State and became the first female African-American Secretary of State.
Along with the successful professional life, has the former National Security Advisor managed her personal life? Rica was engaged to football player Rick Upchurch. Are they married? Let's find out here.
Condoleezza Rice and Rick Upchurch's Relationship Details
The 63-year-old American political scientist was engaged to football player Rick Upchurch in the 1970s.
Before the engagement led to the marriage, the former Secretary of State and her then-fiance decided to call a quit. The pair didn't disclose the reason for their separation.
Condoleezza Rice's former boyfriend Rick Upchurch | Source: kool1079
Rica's biographer Marcus Mabry tried to explain the situation saying:
"She knew the relationship wasn't going to work."
After the separation, the footballer got married and is blessed with four kids. Rica was also rumored to be linked with the former wide receiver Gene Washington. The duo had their first encounter while Washington was an assistant athletic director at Stanford whereas Rica was a teacher.
Gene Washington | Source: Static
The rumor of their dating sparked after Washington escort Rice for a dinner with Queen Elizabeth II in 2007. They were also spotted together in several events but neither of them confirmed the rumors and denied saying they are a just good friend.
Currently, Rica is single!!!!!
Condoleezza Rice Rumored To Be Lesbian
Back in 2009, the speculation of Rica being lesbian sparked after former Israeli education minister Limor Livnat claimed Rica and Israeli politician Tzipi Livni are engaged in a sexual relationship.
After some investigation, Livnat discovered Livni is Rica's sex partner. At the time, some American newspaper also claimed Rice as a lesbian explaining she and her partner got engaged in sexual affairs in her apartment.
American political scientist Condoleezza Rice | Source: Business Insider
Moreover, Rica's ex-boyfriend Upchurch claimed that he would be the first and last man to date her after their separation. Well, the footballer was probably indicating to Rica's sexual orientation.
Condoleezza Rice: Quick Facts
Source: CBS News
- Rica was born on November 14, 1954, in Birmingham, Alabama.
- She is Angelena (née Ray) Rice and John Wesley Rice's only child.
- Her nicknames are Condi, The Steel Magnolia, The Warrior Princes.
- Rica is 5' 6½" (1.69 m) tall.
- Her birth sign is Scorpio.
- At the age of 3, she learned music and ballet and learned piano lessons from her teenage.
- She studied at St. Mary’s Academy and graduated from the University of Denver.
- She received a degree in B.A in political science in 1974. She also received master’s degree in political science from the University of Notre Dame.
- She then received her Ph.D. in political science from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981.
- Rica started her career as an assistant professor of political science at the Stanford University in 1981.
- Her estimated net worth is $4 Million.