After numerous failed marriages, one could easily lose hope of ever finding a long-lasting true love. Billy Bob Thornton must have been largely skeptic after five failed marriages. Fortunately for him, his sixth wedding turned out to be with someone who appears his genuine soulmate.
Thornton, a father to four children from multiple women married six times in his life. Although the actor carries massive marital experience, his luck always seemed thin as every relationship of his seemed to end one way or the other, until his most recent one.
Billy Bob Thornton's Married Life, Spouse
Billy Bob Thornton is currently married to his spouse Connie Angland. The couple tied the knot on 22nd October 2014 in Los Angeles.
The pair apparently dated for 12 years before taking their relationship to the next level. Their wedding ceremony reportedly took place in private among families at their home in Los Angeles. The actor is 10 years older than Angland.
The pair kept the nuptials a secret and officially announced their marriage months later.
The couple shares one child together, a daughter named Bella Thornton who was born in 2004. This was Thornton's fourth child and Angland's first.
Speaking of his relationship with his daughter Bella, the actor said:
"My little girl…she has to be wrapped completely around her finger. I just do anything she says."
Earlier, the pair began dating in 2003 after Thornton's split from his then-wife Angelina Jolie. As per IMDB, they met on the set of Bad Santa in 2003.
One of their first appearances as a couple was in May 2005 at Cannes. They made the public appearance together shortly before welcoming their daughter.
Meanwhile, the lovebirds belong to the same entertainment industry. Working together is often a double-edged sword. It could either benefit or harm you. For this pair, it certainly seems the former.
Billy Bob Thornton's Past Marriages And Affairs
Billy Bob Thornton was married to Angelina Jolie from May 2000 to May 2003. The couple first met on the set of Pushing tin in 1999. The actress is almost 20 years younger than her former husband.
The couple received much media attention which was fueled by the fact that the duo wore vials of each other's blood around their necks. Due to some differences, Jolie filed for divorce in August 2002 which was finalized a year later.
After their split, Jolie said:
"It took me by surprise, too, because overnight, we totally changed. I think one day we had just nothing in common. And it's scary but... I think it can happen when you get involved and you don't know yourself yet."
Meanwhile, the actor very recently in 2018 spoke about his failed marriage with Angelina. He said:
"I look at that time as a great time. Angie is still a friend of mine and she’s a great person and she’s done so much."
Thornton added, a lot of things said at the time were exaggerated and it wasn't as crazy as people wrote about it.
Before the actor was together with Jolie, he was engaged to Laura Dern in 1998. However, this ended abruptly after Billy began dating Angelina.
From 1993 to 1997, Bob was married to Pietra Cherniak. The couple shared two children together, both sons named William Langston Thornton (born on 27th June 1993) and Harry James Thornton (born on 19th June 1994).
In the early 90s, Thornton was in a marital relationship with Cynda Williams for 2 years. They shared their wedding vows in 1990 before separating in 1992.
Earlier in 1986, the actor was in his second unsuccessful marriage. He was briefly the spouse of Toni Lawrence. However, they split after merely 2 years in 1988.
Previously, in 1979, Billy was married to his first wife Melissa Gatlin. The couple shared a child together named Amanda Thornton. However, the pair split after barely a year in 1980.
Billy Bob Thornton: Quick Facts
- Born on 4th August 1955 in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- His birth sign is Leo.
- His parents are Virginia Roberta and William Raymond.
- His mother was a self-proclaimed psychic while his father was a high school teacher and basketball coach.
- He lived in several places in Arkansas during his childhood.
- He was raised Methodist by a family who had no electricity or plumbing.
- He graduated from Malvern High School in 1973.
- He tried out for the Kansas City Royals since he was a good high school baseball player.
- He was released by Royals after he got injured.
- He went to Henderson State University but later dropped out after two semesters.
- He settled in LA in the mid-1980s to pursue his career in acting.
- When he was a struggling actor, he worked as a telemarketer, offshore wind farmer, and fast food manager.
- He is also a singer-songwriter who has released numerous solo albums.
- He became a lead singer of the rock band called The Boxmasters.
- He gained stardom after his role in the sitcom Hearts Afire.
- He starred in the 1996 feature Sling Blade which he directed and wrote as well.
- He earned a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, and an Oscar for the best Screenplay after his success with Sling Blade.
- He starred alongside Bruce Wills in Armageddon (1998).
- His net worth is estimated to be $35 million.