Constructor Chip Gaines and Designer Joanna Gaines, later TV personalities are loved by people for their show, Fixer Upper. The lucky couple's growing business is leading their wealth to a whole new level. The hype of their show Fixer Upper has made them rise in the industry. So how much do they actually earn?
Well, the couple's business has brought them the lives that they wanted. Let's see what we know about their net worth.
How Much Does The Famous TV Personality Chip and Joanna Gaines Make?
The co-stars of HGTV's show Fixer Upper, Chip and Joanna Gaines are living a pretty good life from the success of their show.
But the fans were shocked after hearing about the cancellation of their show after the fifth season. Have they already made enough money from the show and are canceling it?
So what is the net worth of the couple? Chip and Joanna Gaines are each worth $8 million according to CelebrityNetWorth and $5 million according to E! News.
Some sources estimated Gaines earning per episode to be $30,000 for every single episode of their show. Apart from that, they earn $30,000 from renovating and also get an undisclosed fee from the families that participate in the show.
Well, Gaines' make about $500,000 per season with 16 episode in a season. But the episodes of some season are high or low, so their yearly income varies.
Not only that but the Gaines have much more revenue sources filling up their net worth. The Gaines owns many other businesses as well. Magnolia is the name of every business they do.
The Magnolia branch includes Magnolia Homes, their renovation business: Magnolia Realty, a real estate agency selling homes throughout several cities.
They own a boutique marketplace, Magnolia Silos. They also own a quarterly magazine which has 700,000 subscribers who pay $20 a year. The Magnolia house is about to open at Hillcrest Estate, which is a luxury rental property that charges $600 a night.
The Magnolia market is valued at $3.5 million and the overall worth of their Waco, Texas property is $7.6 million.
Let's not forget to mention Gaines books. They have a high selling rate for their book. The Magnolia Story, which is selling for $17 has already sold more than 150,000 copies which made them over $2.5 million.
Joanna also released a book in 2018, Magnolia Table which is selling at $18 a copy. Chip also released his new book Capital Gaines which is selling at $15 a copy.
The couple is also holding a charity foundation called Magnolia Foundation.
Gaines' Houses, Cars:
The couple lives in a big house which they built themselves for $1.2 million and their overall worth of the property is $7.6 million.
Chip rides a Harley Davidson which is worth about $15,000 and the couple owns some cars like GMC Acardia which is worth about $50,000, a Jeep Wrangler which is worth about $30,000, a Chevrolet Suburban which is worth about $60,000.
They also have a big 40-acre farm whose value is worth more than $150 million.
How Was It For The Gaines To Get To This Place?
Before Fixer upper, the Gaines worked with clients on buying and remodeling homes. The couple has worked on more than 100 homes. Joanna designs the renovation and Chip is the lead contractor.
The couple opened their first Magnolia Market. After the couple had their second child, they decided to close the market and focus on growing and raising the family. Till that time, they already owned Magnolia homes, their construction business.
They worked for many years as a team, Chip as constructor and Joanna as a designer which led them to HGTV's Fixer Upper. In May 2014, they pulled the trigger and the Little Shop on Bosque reopened for business.
The couple has 4 children Drake, Ella, Duke, and Emmie.
Their fifth baby is due in July.
Quick Facts about Chip and Joanna Gaines:
- He was born on November 14, 1974 (age: 43).
- He was born in Albuquerque, NM.
- He graduated with a marketing degree from Baylor University's Hankamer School of Business.
- He and his children are all animal lover.
- Chip and Joanna both went to Baylor University but never met there.
- Chip saw Joanna in a photo before meeting and knew that she was "the one".
- He flipped his own house while he was still in the house.
- Chip's childhood dream was to be a baseball player or politician.
- His birth sign is Scorpio.
- He stands 1.82m or 6 ft. tall.
- She was born on April 19, 1978 (age:40).
- She was born in Kansas and raised in Texas.
- They have over 60 animals and still counting on their 40-acre farm.
- She opened her own boutique in 2003.
- They may be TV stars but, they don't have a TV in their house.
- She originally opened Magnolia Market as her own business.
- Her favorite room in their 100-year-old farmhouse is the kitchen.
- Her birth sign is Aries.
- She stands at the height of 5.7 ft or 1.73m.