A long-lasting relationship is everyone's dream. The retired Colorado Springs Police Department detective Joe Kenda has achieved the best in his professional as well as personal life.
A long-lasting relationship is everyone's dream. The retired Colorado Springs Police Department detective Joe Kenda; the father of two has been living a blessed married life with his high school love Mary Kathleen Mohler Kenda for more than 50 years.
Although the detective had affairs in the past with whom he eventually split, the Homicide Hunter star and his wife have set an example of a true relationship for all of us.
Former Colorado Springs Police Department's Detective Joe Kenda's Married Life With High School Girlfriend Mary Kathleen Mohler Kenda
Police detective Joe Kenda first met his future wife Mary Kathleen Mohler Kenda while attending the University of Pittsburgh.
See More: A Current Affairs', reporter Ben McCormack's shameless activity has led him to destroy his 25-year of a reporting career
The couple soon fell for each other and after a few years of relationship, they married in December 1967. The couple has happily crossed half a century of their married life without any sign of divorce and we must salute them for that!
Joe Kenda and his wife Mary Kathleen Mohler Kenda attending an event together
Kenda is definitely a protective and loving husband. Besides that, he is also a father of two, a son, Daniel J. Kenda who's a US Navy Commander Intelligence Officer in Virginia and a daughter who works for the US Government.
Joe Kenda with his family
In June 2015, the TV personality shared some information about his son and daughter via Twitter post during the occasion of Father's Day:
My daughter added to my Father's Day advice" he gave us a bullshit detector second to none".....
— Joe Kenda (@LtJoeKenda) June 21, 2015
The post is followed by his comments where he states that his son is in the U.S. Navy and his daughter works for the U.S. Government.
Joe Kenda's Television Career: How It All Started?
Most former police officers don't enjoy the things they get after retirement from their post. However, someone like Kenda, 71, has become the real crime star through the Investigation Discovery series Hominide Hunter. Most importantly, his wife was very supportive during his service years as a Lieutenant and after retirement in 1996. It is Mary Kathleen who encouraged him to share his story with the whole world.
Denver TV series editor Patrick Bryant contacted and interviewed Kenda as a part of a TV special about the local drug trade on which Kenda had been working.
Bryant was highly impressed by Kenda and his works. Later, he built up an idea of developing a TV series built around Kenda's career as a homicide detective.
Joe Kenda from Homicide Hunter on Investigation Discovery
Source: All Star Bio
Homicide Hunter, also known as Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda is an American crime documentary TV series based on the life of Joe Kenda aired on 25 October 2011.
The series is related to the professional life of retired Colorado Springs, Colorado, police department detective Kenda.
Kenda was appointed in the department in 1973 and was later promoted to detective in 1977. Kenda initially denied working in the TV series when he was asked to read the script. He said,
"I’m not an actor. I’m a policeman. If you want me to tell you about this case, I will. If you want me to read that, get somebody else."
A younger version of Kenda is played by the actor Carl Marino. The cases are told by Kenda in an extemporaneous narrative way.
The series also includes the contribution of the witnesses to the crimes, family, and friends of the victims along with the media and others.
You Might Like: Four-Time Cop Of The Year NYPD Officer Shoots Himself In an Upstate New York Restaurant
Here's a video of Joe Kenda's Exclusive Interview talking about his detective series with American Mutt Studios.
The series premiered back in October 2011 and is being filmed in Knoxville, TN. It is currently going on in its 7th season and Kenda misses no chance to publicize it via his Twitter account.
Joe Kenda: Quick Facts
- Born on 14 November 1946 in the western Pennsylvania Herminie, Pennsylvania.
- His birth sign is Scorpio.
- He is American by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity.
- He was interested in crime related cases, especially murders since his childhood.
- He stands at a height of 5.97 feet (1.82m).
- He completed his graduation from Greensburg Central Catholic High School in 1964.
- Later, he attended the University of Pittsburgh.
- He received a master's degree in international relations from Ohio State University in 1970.
- In 1973, he moved to Colorado Springs with his family and kids after getting transferred.
- Kenda also served as a special needs school bus operator for ten long years.
- He has his self-developed merchandise including bobbleheads.
- He solved his first homicide case in 1973.
- He worked as a patrol for 3 years before he became a detective.
- Aside from acting, he enjoys playing golf and plays charity golf tournaments.
- Kenda has solved over 350 cases in his lifetime.
- He has an estimated net worth of around $4 million.