Nancy Lopez was one of the greats of women's golf and was the game's best player in the late 1970s and 1980s. She is the only woman winning the LPGA Rookie of the Year, the Vare Trophy, and the Player of the Year; all in the same season in 1978.
Her busy professional career has definitely given her a name and fame but she received failure in her married life. The mother of three after two divorces is still living a happy life with her daughters. Let's know more about her personal life in today's session.
Former Professional Golfer Nancy Lopez's Current Life
It's well said that daughters are always a mother's favorite. Lopez is blessed with three daughters namely Torri Heather Knight, Erinn Shea Knight, and Ashley Marie Knight.
Her daughters supported her the most when she split from her former husband Ray Knight after 27 years of marriage in 2009.
She's living a wonderful life with her daughters and she's definitely very happy with it.
She's kept her personal life under the radar and which makes finding the information regarding her current relationship status quite difficult to fetch. Most probably she is single and not seeing someone at the moment.
Nancy Lopez's Past Affairs and Relationships
Lopez was previously married to Houston sportscaster Tim Melton. They tied the knot in 1979. Though the two were so much in love, in the beginning, they couldn't manage to be together for so long.
They took a break in their relationship soon after three years and separated in 1982. Their divorce was finalized in the same year.
Shortly after the split, she fell in love with former New York Mets Star and World Series MVP Ray Knight. She married her new love in 1982; the same year she divorced her former husband.
They have three daughters together. After 27 years of long relationship, the two finally decided to take a break from their conjugal life.
A source close to the longtime couple told that the bond between the two was 'really strained' and they have naturally grown apart which led to their marital's demise.
They officially parted ways with a divorce in the year 2009.
Nancy Lopez: Quick Facts
- Born on 6 January 1957, in Torrance, California.
- Her birth sign is Capricorn.
- She stands at a height of 5ft 5in (1.65m).
- She is an American National and belongs to white ethnicity.
- She won the New Mexico Women's Amateur at the age of 12 in 1969.
- She completed her graduation from Goddard High School in Roswell.
- She was declared All-American and Female Athlete of the Year at the University of Tulsa in 1976.
- The same year she won the Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
- She is the only woman winning LPGA Rookie of the Year, the Vare Trophy, and Player of the Year in the same season in 1978.
- She won a total of 48 LPGA Tour Events with three major championships.
- She has an estimated net worth of about $10 million.