Top eight signs to know you are having Nervous Breakdown: Learn its Causes and Treatment
A nervous breakdown is a form of mental breakdown having some notable symptoms. It should be treated in time to avoid more complications.
It should be noted that although many people classify a nervous breakdown as a "mental breakdown". It is actually the subtype of mental breakdown with an intense feeling of stress and anxiety.
Outbursts, depression, fear, insomnia, and anger are some of the symptoms of a nervous breakdown. We may take such signs lightly or we may simply guide the person that he is going mad.
Hence, every individual should be alert to the possible signs and symptoms and treatment measures of the nervous breakdown.
What exactly is a nervous breakdown?
Nervous breakdown is not actually a medical term or a mental illness, but it could indicate serious health issues like anxiety and depression.
In many cases, sufferers of mental breakdown are unable to function on a daily basis until the situation isn't made normal.
Hence, if you are dealing with a lot of stress, it's the right time to take it easy and adapt some techniques to minimize all kinds of stress.
Signs and Symptoms
1. Your Mind Wanders
Lack of focus and concentration on a specific task is a clear symptom of stressed mind. If the situation is persistent for weeks it's the right time to visit a therapist and get some effective treatment.
2. Violent Mind
Sometimes people go violent to their bosses or themselves when things get tough. If you have a new born nature to be violent in some minor situations repeatedly, it could be a strong sign that you're headed for a mental breakdown.
3. Go Negative in the Group
Contrasting comments in group chats can go normal, but it can become a real problem if you're suddenly the most negative person in your group.
If you start refusing any social plans, complain about the normal things, criticizing friends, you may just be headed for a mental breakdown.
4. An Increase or Decrease in Appetite
Depression is another symptom of mental breakdown. People who are depressed frequently have no appetite.
If you suddenly find yourself with an intense desire for eating something every day, you may very well be stress eating.
Take a class to stop stress-eating.
5. Increase in Alcohol
People who are over-stressed have a tendency to abuse alcohol. A single glass of wine at dinner is pretty common; not a matter of concern.
If that single glass becomes a single bottle, just go to the mental health professionals.
6. Stop Caring about your Look
Stress drives your mind and body, draining your energy levels. You spill coffee on your coffee on your shirt on your way to work and don't bother to blot the stain out.
You stop about your body, looks, including personal hygiene. Eventually, you'll experience a loss of happiness or lack of motivation and enthusiasm for activities you normally enjoy.
One of the most common symptoms is insomnia or the inability to fall asleep. This is due to overstimulation and high amounts of stress.
The person literally fails to calm down their brain down to help themselves get a good night's sleep.
Physical illnesses are common during a nervous breakdown. These accompanied with the rapid, stress thinking can make you think that you have a severe physical illness.
- Problems with intimate relationships, such as divorce or marital separation; with 24 % of nervous breakdowns.
- Problems at school or at work accounted for about 17 % of the cause.
- With Financial problems 11%.
- 28% of the nervous breakdown because of health problems.
- It is an unbiased reaction; may affect a person of any age group.
- Antidepressants are given to an individual suffering from depression.
- Anxiolytics are used for those with anxiety disorders.
- Antipsychotics are used for schizophrenia and mood stabilizers help with bipolar disorder.
- Psychoanalysis therapy can be effective for most of them.
- Hypnotherapy is a process where hypnosis is performed and used to relax the disturbed mental condition.
- Aromatherapy is a therapy using herbs helping the patient relax and get a relief out of stress.
- Yoga and meditation are also effective treatment method.
For more updates and more health related article visit our official page.