Canelo Alvarez, one of the world's top-paid athletes and biggest boxing star is the world's best active middleweight 2018. The excellent counterpuncher has been successful winning huge fan followers but is he successful winning someone's heart?
Is he dating someone in secret or still single? Let's get details.
Canelo Alvarez's Current Affair And Dating Life
Canelo Alvarez and Fernanda Gomez first met in October last year at an OMB Gala. Sources reported that the two have been dating one another ever since.
The secretive pair has kept their relationship out of the limelight. Though multiple sources claim their romantic relationship, they are yet to disclose their relationship details in public.
The rumored couple also celebrated Alvarez's win over Julio César Chávez Jr. in May 2017.
Fans and media, however, don't stop chasing their favorite celebs no matter what goes the next. Though Alvarez and Gomez are rumored to be dating, they haven't been spotted together in public these days.
We wonder, are they still dating one another or have chosen separate paths to move forward?
With many speculations going on, the Mexican star posted an Instagram image with his former love Nelda Sepulveda on 17 February 2017 wishing her a very 'Happy Birthday'.
The caption said,
"Happy Birthday to one of the women I love most in life... TUIIII my friend who takes care of me and always wants the best for my thanks for all Llije TQM."
Well, the above post simply says that the two are still together.
It's still a mystery whether Alvarez is back with his previous love or he's happy with Gomez.
Canelo Alvarez's Past Affairs And Relationships
The boxer was previously in a relationship with Marisol Gonzalez. She is Miss Mexico Universe 2003 and has made quite a name being a sports reporter for Televisa Deportes.
As per some sources, the two first started dating in 2010 and engaged in 2011 but called off their betrothal in mid-2012.
In 2012, he dated famous Mexican actress Kate del Castilo, 18 years his senior.
A year later, his relationship with Cynthia Rodriguez grabbed a lot of media attention. Rodriguez is a singer and reality TV actress in Mexico. Alvarez reportedly broke up with his girlfriend in 2013 for being disloyal and betting against him in a Saturday's Pay per view match.
He is blessed with a daughter, Emily Cinnamon Alvarez from his past affair. The Mexican puncher adores his daughter so much that he got a huge tattoo of his daughter on his arm.
He was also romantically linked with Colombian model, Barbara Turbay and singer and actress Belinda.
In April 2016, he dated businesswoman, Nelda Sepulveda. They two even ended their relationship and the reason behind the step is still unknown.
Canelo Alvarez: Quick Facts
- Born on 18 July 1990 in the city of Guadalajara, Jalisco.
- He is of Mexican Nationality; belongs to mixed (Mexican and Spanish) ethnicity.
- He started boxing at the age of 13; inspired by his elder brother Rigoberto Alvarez's professional boxing career.
- He received a silver medal at the Junior Mexican National Championships in 2004.
- At 15 years of age, he became the 2005 Junior Mexican National Boxing Champion.
- He is ranked as the world's best active boxer, pound for pound, by BoxRec in February 2018.
- He is also marked as the world's best active middleweight by BoxRec and 4th by the TBRB.
- He is known as a brilliant counterpuncher.
- He has an estimated net worth of about $4.5 million.