Clarence Gilyard is an American actor who is working in Hollywood for over three decades. He is most remembered for his role of 'Conrad McMasters' on the legal drama series of "Matlock".
Clarence Gilyard Persoanl Life
The "Left Behind" famed actor Clarence Gilyard keeps his personal life away from the spotlight. Hence little is known about his private life, including his romantic life.
Clarence Gilyard Wife and Children
Clarence is happily married to Elena Gilyard since 2001. The couple keeps a low profile, so details of their married life are not made public.
It is known that Gilyard was pretty serious about his second marriage and wanted to made it work at any cost. Thus, he left his popular show "Walker, Texas Ranger" and took a break to focus on his marriage. He stated in an interview:
"I was going to work on my new marriage. After 15 straight years of network TV, I knew that I couldn't put a young marriage through that".
The dedication of the actor towards his conjugal life worked. The couple is now together for over eighteen years and is living a happy family life with their three children.
Gilyard moreover has also kept his children away from the media. The names and the face of his kids are still hidden; however, it is known that one of his babies was born in 2007 and was named Peter Gilyard.
Clarence Gilyard Past Affairs
The actor was previously married to a woman named Catherine Dutko. The details of their relationship are not known; however, Gilyard once stated that his first wife left him because he started having an affair. Whether his extramarital relationship was with his current wife or not, is still a mystery.
The star further shared two children with his first spouse. The identity of those kids is also hidden.
Clarence Gilyard Net-Worth
Clarence Gilyard is an American actor, college professor, and author. He accumulated a considerable net-worth from his professions.
Clarence Gilyard Overall Net-Worth and earning from Acting Career
Gilyard's total net-worth is $5 million. He made the large portion of his fortune from his acting career. He started working in the Hollywood from the eighties and starred in many television series and movies. On average, an actor in Hollywood earns $9.39 -$100 per hour.
The actor is best known for his role of Conrad McMasters in TV Series "Matlock." In the show, he shared the screen with his role model Andy Griffith. His other high rated Tv series include "Walker, Texas Ranger," starring Chuck Norris and Marco Sanchez.
Check the interview given by Clarence Gilyard and his co-star Sheree J. Wilson on occasion of the 25th anniversary of their show "Walker, Texas Ranger."
Name of the movie
U.S. Box-Office Collection(Million)
Worldwide Box-Office Collection(Million)
|3.||The Karate Kid Part II||$13||$115||$115|
The veteran actor is still actively working, and his movies "The Perfect Race," "The Driver" and "Eleanor's Bench" is in the filming stage.
Clarence Gilyard Earning as a Professor
Clarence, who holds a Masters degree in Acting currently works as an Associate Professor in the College of Fine Arts – Department of Theatre at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. On average, an associate professor salary ranges from $84.2 thousand -$131 thousand a year.
Clarence Gilyard Is a Celebrated Author
American actor, Clarence is a well-known author who has written over nine books. Some of his books include The Dance of the Star, Melancholy in the Mirror and Memories of a Stranger Wanderer.
Clarence Gilyard Charities
The star who is a skilled horse rider participates in many celebrity rodeos to benefit various children's charities. He furthermore is honorary chairman and celebrity spokesman for Cowboys for Kids. Similarly, he also serves on the board of directors of the Children's Organ Transplant Association.
Body Measurements: Clarence Gilyard
- Age: 63 as of 2018
- Height: 5 feet 8 inches (1.74m)
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
Quick Facts: Clarence Gilyard
- Clarence Gilyard was born on Moses Lake, Washington, US. His nationality is American.
- His birthday falls on Christmas Eve.
- His father, Clarence Gilyard Sr., was a U.S. Air Force officer whereas his mother is Barbara Stanwyck.
- Gilyard's family is originally from New Orleans, Louisiana.
- He comes from a large family. He is the second of six children. His brother Milton Gilyard has a moderate developmental disability.
- He grew up in Air Force bases in Hawaii, Texas, and Florida. The family finally settled in the San Bernardino suburb of Rialto, California.
- The actor grew up as a Lutheran; however, he later became Catholic. He has served as a consultant to the U.S. Bishops’ Committee on Communications.
- Gilyard graduated from Eisenhower High School in Rialto, California, in 1974. Celebrities such as Randy Thomas and Kirk Fogg attended the same school.
- He was an excellent student in High School.
- He struggled with alcohol and drugs for a short time in his teen years.
- Clarence, who hails from a military family entered the U.S. Air Force Academy after high school but left after a year to join Sterling College, Kansas.
- In Sterling College, he played football and was a member of Sigma Chi fraternity.
- He dropped out of college without completing his degree.
- After gaining success as an actor, he gave back to his college, Sterling, in many ways. He paid for new tennis courts for the college.
- He joined California State University, Long Beach, with a major in theater.; however, he later transferred to California State University, Dominguez Hills and earned his bachelor degree from there.
- Gilyard received his Master's degree in Acting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas at the age of 50.
- He began his acting career working in the children's theater.
- Clarence was the first black actor to play the role of the cheerleader.
- He was a massive fan of "The Andy Griffith Show." Furthermore, his acting mentor is Andy Griffith.
- Gilyard worked many small jobs while seeking acting opportunities. He worked as a waiter, manager at a clothing store, and a salesman for industrial chemicals.
- Clarence is known for his Nasally, whiny voice and muscular physique.
- Gilyard's best friend in the film industry is Sheree J. Wilson.
- His favorite vacation destination is Rome and Tuscany.
- Clarence's favorite movies are “Lawrence of Arabia,” and 1942 original “To Be or Not to Be”
- His Life Motto is ‘The only time success precedes work is in the dictionary.’”
- Gilyard's favorite Musicians are James Taylor and Wes Montgomery.
Visit marriedwiki.com/wiki for more biographies!!!