Alan Rickman, one of the legendary figure in Hollywood whose name alone is enough to draw audiences to the cinemas of all age groups. Recognized as Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series, his other notable works as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Something the Lord Made, Galaxy Quest, and many others.
Alan Rickman's Death! Batteling From Cancer!
For a while, Alan Rickman was battling pancreatic cancer. Cancer had spread so much that he had terminal cancer.
Sadly, on January 2016, the Love Actually actor breathed his last breath in London. He left the world at the age of 69 and was just 38 days away from celebrating his 70th birthday.
Recommended: Terrence Howard's Personal Life And Net Worth!
Alan's final two movies, Eye in the Sky (2015) and Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) were dedicated in his memory. Indeed a wonderful actor left the entertainment world and left a huge void to fill up. He will be missed by all immensely!
How Was Alan Rickman's Personal Life? Was He Married? Did He Have Any Children?
Alan Rickman was a married man before the time of his death. He was in matrimonial wedlock with his longtime girlfriend turned wife Rima Horton. His spouse Rima is an English former Labour Party councilor.
The duo's relationship is one of a kind, and they dated for many years before tying the knot. Moreover, they were high school sweethearts and began dating when The Butler actor was 19, and his sweetheart was 18.
As time goes, people's love for one another sway and fade away and ultimately ends bitterly. But not in Alan's case as his first and the last lover became Rima.
Alan Rickman Married!
After dating for over 47 years, the duo finally tied the knot and walked down the aisle in New York City in 2012. After completing their wedding ceremony, the lovely couple walked down across the Brooklyn Bridge and ate lunch.
You May Also Like: Vladimir Furdik's Married Life And Wife!
The Bottle Shock actor gifted his life partner a simple $200 band on their special day. Like they say it is thought that counts!
Despite living together for over 35 years, many may find it somewhat surprising that Alan and Rima shared no children. Guess they were happy in each other's company.
The duo remained as a married pair for about four years until Alan's passing. Since her husband's death, the female politician is believed to be single.
How Much Is Alan Rickman's Net Worth?
Alan Rickman had a net worth of $16 million before the time of his demise. One of the celebrated and highly acclaimed actors in the world, he made a fortune out of his work.
Don't Miss: Matthew Bryan's Net Worth!
The average salary of a British actor is $141.80 (£109) per day and $32,523 in a year. In contrast, a director makes around $122,650 (£122,650) annually.
Over his four decades in the acting field, he played in many big and small screens. The late filmmaker' overall movies generated over $10 billion in ticket sales worldwide. Simply amazing!
Alan acted in some of the acclaimed and critically acclaimed movies of all time, but perhaps he is most famous around the world for his character Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series.
Check out the clip of Alan Rickman talking about his role as Severus Snape in the movie Harry Potter!
The film director played one of the lead roles in all the Harry Potter series which made on a production cost of $1.2 billion grossed an eye-popping $7.7 billion at the worldwide box office market.
The Romeo and Juliet star and his partner also owned a house in Westbourne Terrace, London. However, the home was sold for an undisclosed amount after the actor's death.
Quick Facts: Alan Rickman
- Alan Rickman was born Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman on February 21, 1946, in Hammersmith, London, England.
- The Gloden Globe Award winner held British nationality and belonged to British ethnicity.
- He was the son of father Bernard William Rickman, a factory worker, and mother Margaret Doreen Rose, a housewife.
- Rickman grew up with his brother Michael Rickman.
- The actor attended Derwentwater Primary Shcool in Acto and later Latymer Upper School in London.
- Later, he enrolled at Chelsea College of Art and Design graduating in 1968 and then went to Royal College of Art.
- Rickman studied at Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1972.
- After graduation, he started working for the Royal Shakespeare Company and was cast for As You Like It.
- He excelled at calligraphy and watercolor painting.
- Alan was chosen as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history By Empire on many occasions.
- His television credits are The Barchester Chronicles, Something the Lord Made, Girls on Top, and few others.
- His most notable films are; Die Hard (1988), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991), Truly, Madly, Deeply (1990), Love Actually (2003), and others.
- Alan stood at the height of 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 meters).
- He had light brown colored eyes and gray hair.
- The Emmy Award winner was 69 years old at the time of his death.