Musician Daryl Braithwaite is the lead vocalist of the most successful Australian rock band, Sherbet. Daryl also launched his solo career and released over15 singles including You're My World and The Horses.
Daryl Braithwaite married Sarah Taylor in 1986
Daryl Braithwaite is relishing ecstatic married life with his wife, Sarah Taylor with whom he walked down the aisle in 1986 in a private ceremony. Not to mention, Daryl and Sarah successfully crossed over three decades of marriage. However, they rarely make public appearances together and maintain each other's privacy.
But, Sarah is not the only woman the rockstar romanced. During an interview with The Morning Show, Braithwaite recalled his young days and confirmed that he shared a childhood romance with a lady named Olivia Newton-John while attending Christ Church Grammar School in Melbourne.
Daryl Braithwaite & wife has a son Oscar Braithwaite
Singer Daryl Braithwaite also shares a son named Oscar Braithwaite, 27, with his wife, Sarah Taylor. The couple's only child was born in 1994. Not to mention, Oscar has followed his dad's footsteps into songwriting and recording.
To be more precise, Oscar has got his father's gene as one can see him strictly concentrating on live work. Oscar even gifted a DVD of Green Day which was appreciated by Daryl.
How much is Daryl Braithwaite's Net worth?
Daryl Braithewaite has summoned a net worth of $25 million. The grey-eyed musician built that wealth from his decade-long career as a singer-songwriter. The white-haired received a paycheck of no less than $2 million annually.
Likewise, the 72-year-old makes a hefty sum through selling album copies, endorsements, and sponsorship deals. Daryl and his wife share a lavish home in Melbourne, Australia.
From 1975 through 197, Braithwaite subsequently won The King of Pop Awards for the album Sherbet. Likewise, in 1987, he garnered TV week/ Countdown Awards for "Most Popular Male Performer." In 1994, the Australian singer achieved ARIA Music Awards foramen Ground and The Worldnder, the category Engineer of the Year.
Daryl Braithwaite - Quick Facts
- Daryl Braithwaite attended Randwick Boys High School.
- Daryl Braithwaite grew up in a working-class family in Melbourne, Australia.
- In 1990, Daryl covered the song "The Horses" by Rickie Lee Jones and Walter Becker.
- Daryl's father was a plumber who worked on the Snowy Mountains Scheme.
- Grew up with a twin brother named Glenn Braithwaite.
- As a child, Daryl and his brother performed at the Punt Road Primary School choir.
- Before fame, Daryl did a fitter and turner apprenticeship, set up by his dad. He completed it in 1969 and quit thinking it was an inappropriate path for him.
- Teenage Daryl sang with local pop music groups such as Bright Lights.