Hal Ketchum was a renowned American country music artist who sold over five million records throughout his career with the most famous songs Hearts Are Gonna Roll and Small Town Saturday Night.
Hal Ketchum, Country hitmaker, Died at Age 67
The country hitmaker Hal Ketchum,67, passed away peacefully in his home surrounded by his family, including his wife Andrea, due to complications from dementia. In 1998, he was diagnosed with acute transverse myelitis, an ailment of the spinal column. It led him to learn basic tasks like how to walk and play the guitar. Post diagnosis, he continued to record and would frequently hit the Billboard Hot Country Song Charts. Later, he was admitted to the Grand Ole Opry in 1994.
How Was Hal Ketchum's Married Life?
Hal Ketchum married and divorced three times in his life. The singer was blissfully married to the love of his life Andrea Ketchum until his last breath. Hal was indeed survived by his spouse Andrea to date. Regardless of not having any children, they enjoyed the company of each other.
Ketchum's first marriage was to Terrell Tye in 1991. They remained husband and wife for six years. After the relationship between the two did not work, and divorced in 1997.
Followed by Hal's divorce from the second wife, Terrell, the Greenwich native moved on with a lady named Gina Ketchum. He walked down the aisle with Gina in 1998 and divorced in 2009. Gina shared three beautiful kids with Hal, namely Fana Rose, Ruby Joy, and Sophia Grace.
Hal Ketchum's Net Worth Collection
Hal Ketchum had an estimated net worth of around $9 million as per Primal Information. To date, the country musician released 11 studio albums since 1986. Ketchum gained massive popularity in the 90s with the critically acclaimed album The Point of Rescue.
Not only that, with a contribution to the film industry, he appeared in movies like Heartbreak Hotel and Maverick with Mel Gibson. As soon as Ketchum's family learned about his disease, they organized a benefit concert in January 2020 to help with medical bills and raised more than $20,000.
Hal Ketchum Quick facts
- Hal Ketchum was diagnosed with a neurological disorder, acute transverse myelitis, which left him without the use of the left side of his body in 1998.
- Hal Ketchum was an artist, and his work has been shown in Santa Fe, New Mexico's Pena Gallery.
- Hal Ketchum was a master carpenter who enjoyed making toys.
- Hal Ketchum took his last breath at his home in Fischer, Texas on 23 November 2020 at age 67.
- Hal Ketchum's wife Andrea announced via Facebook that early-onset senile dementia, including Alzheimer's disease, brought Ketchum to the point that he could no longer perform.
- Hal Ketchum was born in Greenwich, New York, on April 9, 1953.