Joe Exotic is an American former owner, zoo operator as well as a convicted felon who is currently sentenced to 22 years jail for murder-for-hire and wildlife charges. He had claimed to be the most prolific breeder of tigers in the United States.
Is Joe Exotic still Married to Dillon Passage?
Joe Exotic married Dillon Passage, a bartender in western Florida. Exotic began living together with Passage just two months after Travis' death. They first started chatting online through Grindr in Oklahoma.
The first time Joe and Dillon met was their first date. Passage found him very genuine, down-to-earth, and charismatic. Surprisingly enough, Exotic is thirty-five years older than his spouse Dillon Passage.
As Joe Exotic has been sent to jail, Passage revealed he doesn't know if the Tiger King star cheated on him and found someone else in jail. Dillon and Exotic used to talk several times a day before he was moved to a different facility, but now their communication has decreased. Dillon said Joe would support him in case he decided to find a new partner.
Joe Exotic Three-Way Marriage
Exotic is openly homosexual, he had a number of husbands who were included in the documentary, and some were not touched at all. It's hard to point out exactly who Joe's husbands were because apparently, he didn't legally marry each of them. Prior to dating men, he fathered a child, Brandon Chappell (1982) with girlfriend KIM. However, his first is believed to have been a man, Brian Rhyne who was not included in the Netflix series.
Rhyne was a slender, sassy 19-year-old when he first met Joe Exotic at a gay cowboy bar Round-up Saloon before the zoo came to be. Immediately, the two moved in with each other and were married unofficially. Sadly, Brian passed away in 2001 due to complications of HIV.
Later on, he wed Jeffrey Charles Hartpence, an event producer who helped Joe to promote his shows. At the same time, he was accused of creating a crime of offending a 14-year-old child for sex. Today, he is serving a life sentence in prison for first-degree felony murder.
Joe dated John Finlay while he had just graduated from high school. When John was kindling romance with Joe there was another man on the scene known by the name Paul. After that, he met Travis Maldonaldo who began working in the zoo in 2013.
As shown in the "Tiger King" documentary, Joe married Travis and John at the big ceremony in 2014. After a year, John became tired of Joe and his life at the zoo which resulted in a bitter breakup.
How Much Is Joe Exotic's Net Worth?
Joe Exotic is now a big name in animal rescue and has an estimated net worth of $15 million. He received thousands of dollars from his job. In 2001, the Chief Executive Officer of Big Cat Rescue in Tampa sued Exotic for $1 million for trademark infringement.
The lawsuit led Exotic to file bankruptcy immediately, however, it also turned him into a bit of a celebrity. Luckily he was hired by Good Clean Fun Production to create a reality TV show. And, when the reality show couldn't launch Exotic took to YouTube to create JoeExoticTV where he recorded footage of the park itself along with a broadcast of himself lipsynching to country songs about animals and a few political messages.
Quick facts of Joe Exotic
- Joe Exotic worked with John Finlay, Jeff Lowe, and Carole Baskin in Netflix documentary series Tiger King.
- Prior to working with animals, Exotic was a police officer serving as the chief of police in Eastvale, Texas.
- Joe Maldonaldo Passage was born Joseph Allen Schreibvogel in Garden City, Kansas.
- Joe was raped by an older boy when he was five years old.
- Joe Exotic worked in different fields before opening a pet store with his brother Garold in Arlington.
- Exotic was an aspiring country singer and produced music videos for the songs and uploaded them on YouTube.
- Joe released a video for the song "Here Kitty Kitty" a diss track against Carole Baskin.
- Joe participated in the primary election for the Libertarian Party in the 2018 election for Governor of Oklahoma.
- Joe was bullied a lot during high school for hanging out with girls instead of male classmates.
- Joe Exotic's mother helped him buy an old horse ranch in Oklahoma which he later turned to a zoo named GWEAM Park aka GW zoo.