Jose Garces is an award-winning Ecuadorian American chef, restaurant owner, and Iron Chef better known for winning the second season of The Next Iron Chef. He won the James Beard Award for Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic.
Personal Life of Jose Garces; Know about his Wife, Children, Girlfriends
Jose Garces is currently married to Beatriz Garces. The duo dated for several years and finally shared the wedding vows in 2002 in a private ceremony. Recently, the couple has celebrated their seventeen years of a marital relationship.
The couple is a proud parent of two children; a son Andres Garces and a daughter Olivia Garces. Like most of the celebrities, Jose and his wife also quite protective about their kids and merely talked about them on media.
Jose falls in many controversies regarding his professional life as he owns a big business in over six states with 25 restaurants. His four of the newest restaurants were closed in 2014 when he was not able to pay at the beleaguered Revel casino in Atlantic City.
As of now, Jose is living a blissful married life with his wife and children in Los Angeles.
How much is the Net Worth of Jose Garces?
Jose Garces's net worth lies somewhere in between $1 million-$5 million. He gathered that fortune by working in many restaurants as a lead chef. In addition, the average salary of a restaurant owner is $60,000 per annum. Similarly, the average salary of a chef is $45,000 per year.
Jose owns eight restaurants in Philadelphia: Amanda, Tinto, Distrito, Rosa Blanca, Village Whiskey, Grace Trading Company, JG Domestic, Volver and Buena Onda. Similarly, he owns 4 restaurants in Atlantic city including NJ at the Ocean Casino & Resort and Tropicana Casino & Resort: Amanda- Ocean. Besides, he also works as the executive chef for Mercat a la Planxa in Chicago in partnership with Sage Restaurant Group.
Also, Read: Eddie Jackson's Net Worth & Personal Life
Graces won many competitions like Iron Chef America where he became the winner by defeating Bobby Flay in 2008. Then, he also worked in the second season of The Next Iron Chef and was selected as the sixth Iron Chef on November 22, 2009.
Quick facts of Jose Garces
- Jose Garces was born on 6 July 1981 in Chicago, Illinois, the United States under the star sign Cancer.
- He holds American nationality and belongs to Ecuadorian nationality.
- His mother is Magdalena Garces.
- He studied and graduated from the Gordon Tech in 1990. Later, she studied Culinary Arts at Kendall College in Chicago.
- Considering his work, he won the James Beard Award for Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic.
- He is an active person on social media and uses modern media platforms like Instagram and Twitter. Until now, he gathered over 26k+ followers on Instagram and 32.5k+ followers on Twitter.
- He stands at a decent height at the age of 37 years with a pair of brown eyes and grey eyes.