Katie Bouman is a famous American Computer scientist who caught the limelight after playing a significant role in finding the first ever picture of the black hole. The 29-year-old scientist is also well recognized for working as a member of the Event Horizon Telescope team.
Personal Life of Katie Bouman; Is she Married?
Katie Bouman is currently married to Joe Leong. The duo shares a good bond and is waiting for their first marital anniversary this year. Moreover, they are in a happy relationship and are spotted together in many places.
The pair shared the wedding vows after dating for several years in 2018. The wedding was attended by their close friends and relatives. Further, the couple is deeply in love and who knows, we might witness their first child soon.
Katie is out of any rumors and controversies regarding her personal and professional life. Additionally, she is passing her days with the love of her life and is focused on her career.
What is the Net Worth of Katie Bouman?
Katie Bouman estimated net worth is somewhere $1 million. She grabbed that fortune by working as an American computer scientist working in the field of imaging. In addition, the average salary of a computer scientist is $110,100 annually.
Don't Miss: Heidi Cullen's Net Worth & Personal Life
The computer scientist joined Harvard University as a postdoctoral fellow on the Event Horizon Telescope Imaging team. She will join the California Institute of Technology as an assistant professor in June 2019, where she will work on new systems for computational imaging using computer vision and machine learning.
Katie with her Black Hole Discovery:
Bouma led the development of an algorithm for imaging black holes, known as Continuous High-resolution Image Reconstruction using Patch priors, or CHIRP. She was the source of the inspiration for validating images procedures used in acquiring the first image of the black hole in 2019. Further, she verified the images, selecting parameters for filtering images taken by the Event Horizon Telescope and participated in the development of a robust imaging framework.
After the publication of the black hole image, a photo of Katie smiling in front of a computer screen appeared widely in news outlets and social media. Furthermore, she said that the project was accomplished only because of teamwork.
Quick facts of Katie Bouman
- Katie Bouman was born on 9 May 1989 in West Lafayette, Indiana, the United States under the birth sign of Taurus.
- She was raised along with her sister Amanda Bouman by her father Charles Bouman and mother.
- Her father is a professor of electrical and computer engineering and biomedical engineering at Purdue University.
- She holds American nationality.
- She graduated from the West Lafayette Junior/ Junior-Senior High School in 2007.
- Later, Katie conducted imaging research at Purdue University.
- Bouman pursued her engineering career at the University of Michigan and graduated summa cum laude in 2011. Similarly, she earned her master's degree in 2013 and doctoral degree in 2017 in electrical engineering and computer science from the Massachusetts Institue of Technology.
- She first learned about the Event Horizon Telescope while studying at school in 2007.
- She stands at a decent height with a pair of brown eyes and dark brown hair.