There are only a few lucky celebrities who gain breakout roles at the beginning of their career. Kennedy McMann is one of those. Just after two years of entering showbiz, she got the opportunity to play the titular character in the CW's show 'Nancy Drew'.
Is Kennedy McMann's Fiance Now Her Husband?
The 26-year-old Kennedy McMann surprised everyone on December 30, 2018, by announcing her engagement with her long-time boyfriend, Sam McInerney. She shared the happy news by posting multiple photos of her fiance as well as a picture of her engagement ring. With the post, she wrote simply, "WE’RE GETTING MARRIED Y’ALL"
A year has passed since the engagement, so have McMann and her fiance tied the Knot?
Sadly, they have not. Though the pair is engaged and is totally in love, they are not able to take the big step because of time commitment. The actress on her engagement anniversary shared an Instagram post that read,
One year engagement anniversary. just about everything else has changed, but this has stayed the same: I love you I love you I love you, let’s get married. (first photo is today, revisiting our proposal spot, second photo is a year ago when it happened) (also lol we’ll get married when we have five seconds to plan something).
Given how McMann is gaining popularity with her show "Nancy Drew," it is doubtful that the actress will get time to plan the wedding anytime soon.
Nonetheless, for Kennedy and Sam, the wedding is just a formality as the couple feels like married already. The pair who were first introduced to one another by mutual friend Barbara MacKenzie Wood in their alma mater Carnegie Melon School of Drama five years ago are living together since then and have adopted a cat and dog.
Kennedy McMann's Net Worth from Movies and Television Shows
McMann is doing community theatre since she was nine years old, but she professionally started acting only at the end of her college. She debuted in 2017 with the TV series "Gone." After that, she played another minor role in "Law&Order: Special Victims Unit."
It is a testament to McMann's acting skills that though she had only two projects in her resume, she was cast as the lead in CW's "Nancy Drew." In this mystery drama, she plays the titular character of Nancy Drew and shares screens with actors such as Leah Lewis, Maddison Jaizani, Riley Smith, and Scott Wolf.
The show is quite popular among youths and a second season is already announced. The first season will end on April 15, 2020.
Overall Net Worth
As mentioned above, the 1.73m tall actress entered showbiz just a few years ago. Furthermore, she has worked in only a handful of shows; thus, her net worth as of 2020 is estimated to be $100,000.
Quick Facts: Kennedy McMann
- Kennedy was born in Holland, Michigan, but raised in Mesa, Arizona.
- Her mother, Lisa McMann, is a famous American novelist. She is the author of the NYT bestselling book The Unwanteds.
- McMann's father, Matt McMann, is a novel writer, musician, and Personal development blogger.
- She grew up with an older brother named Kilian McMann, who is an Illustrator and Designer.
- McMann was a big fan of Nancy Drew while growing up. She read all the books and played games.
- She completed her BFA in Acting from Carnegie Mellon University in 2018.
- She owns a dog named Otis, and a kitten named Angel.
- She was diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder when she was just nine years old.
- McMann is active on Twitter and Instagram.
Kennedy McMann Affairs
First Affair with Sam McInerney
Sam McInerney and Kennedy started dating for the past five years. One year has passed since their engagement.