"Whenever you have a dream inside your heart. Never let it go because dreams are the tiny seed from which tomorrow grows." American broadcaster Kevin Burkhardt always dreamt of making a career in sports announcements, but initial failures started creating doubt on him. Nonetheless, he persisted, and now he is working as a sports announcer in one of the most prominent sports channels.
Kevin Burkhardt is Husband of Rachel Burkhardt
It is said, a real-life partner is the one who supports one another in good and bad times. Kevin Burkhardt's wife, Rachel Burkhardt, is a right partner in that sense.
Kevin tied the knot with Rachel on 10 June 2000 when he was working as a sports director at WGHT Radio, a local station in New Jersey. It was not the job he wanted and was struggling to break through at a giant station.
After not getting the job Burkhardt wanted, he put all his dream on hold and started working as a car salesman. After working for a while in a car dealership, he realized he could not work in this for the rest of his life. Thus, he again started to send his tapes to various networks.
Soon, the New Jersey native started getting opportunities. He worked in few organizations before getting his break as SNY Mets field reporter. With time, his position and roles slowly began to expand in the network, and he got a chance to be a play-by-play announcer and a host.
After sucessful six years in SNY Mets, Kevin landed a job at FOX Sports as a play by play announcer, which always was his dream.
In his road to sucess, Burkhardt took many financial risks and even relocated to different parts of the country. However, in every stage, his wife supported and encouraged him. She kept his dream as a priority and moved with him when needed and always providing familial support.
Maybe this support and encouragement is the secret of their long, happy married life. The couple is enjoying marital bliss for the past nineteen years without any scandals.
Kevin Burkhardt Shares Two Children with Wife Rachel Burkhardt
Kevin and his spouse welcomed their son Logan Burkhardt when they were living in New Jersey. After moving to California, the couple added a daughter Brook Burkhardt in their family.
The announcer regularly shares pictures of his boy on his social media sites; however, he is yet to reveal the face of his daughter.
How Much Emmy Award-Winning Sports Announcer Kevin Burkhardt Earns?
The 45-year-old Kevin Burkhardt holds an overall net-worth of $400,000. He accumulated this wealth from his sucessful career as a sportscaster.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that sports announcer, on average earns $41,800 per year. However, other studies show that professional sports broadcasters earn in betwwen $18, 824 -$75,754.
Kevin, at present, works as a play-by-play announcer for the NFL on FOX Sports. Charles Davis and Pam Oliver often join him. Also, he calls select games for FOX Sports Sun, the television home of the Tampa Bay Rays. He additionally also hosts MLB Postseason coverage in FOX Sports.
The average salary of the FOX Sports announcer is much more than the national average. It is estimated that FOX Sports broadcasters, on average, earn $100,368 a year.
Quick Facts: Kevin Burkhardt
- Kevin is from Bloomfield, New Jersey.
- His father's name is Wayne Burkhardt, and his mother's name is Betty Burkhardt.
- He grew up with brother Brian Burkhardt.
- Burkhardt currently resides in Manhattan Beach, California.
- He is an alum of Bloomfield High School. He graduated high school in 1992.
- His idol was Gary Cohen. He later became his mentor and friend.
- Kevin graduated from William Paterson University, New Jersey, in 1997 with a degree in Broadcasting.
- Early in his career, Kevin worked as a sales associate at Pine Belt Chevrolet in Eatontown, New Jersey. After getting sucess, he appeared as the celebratory endorser of that shop.
- He is on a Gluten-free diet.
- Kevin owns a chihuahua named Lara.
- He did a cameo in the TV series "Pitch" in 2016.
- He has an account on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. But he is most active on Twitter.
- In his free time, he likes to play golf.