BAFTA Award-winning British actress, Michaela Coel is popular for her great performance in the TV sitcom, Chewing Gum. She grabbed a huge fan following from her performance in the series.
Is Michaela Coel Married Or Is Dating Someone?
Chewing Gum star, Michaela Coel is neither married nor dating anyone. So, she is single in the present days.
Coel is very hardworking and ambitious which might be the reason behind her more focusing on her career rather than involving in some serious relationship.
As per Coel, while she was taking a late-night break from writing, she was sexually assaulted. She told,
''I had a flashback. It turned out I'd been sexually assaulted by strangers. The first people I called after the police, before my own family, were the producers.''
Along with assault, the actress was also racially abused when she was in her school. She told,
''I was called a n***** twice in drama school. The first was by a teacher during a 'walk in space' improvisation that had nothing to do with race.''
To Know More Check Out This Video:
Michael Coel Earns A Good Net Worth
Michael Coel has an estimated net worth of $1million. Till the date, the actress worked in numbers of movies and TV series from where she is surely collecting an impressive fortune.
One of her 2017 movie, Star Wars: The Last Jedi collected $1.333 billion at the box office which was made with the budget of $200-$263million. The actress starred in the movie with Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, and Kelly Marie Tran. In addition, a TV star generally makes an average salary of $150k to $1million.
Quick Facts About Michaela Coel
- Michaela Coel was born Michaela Ewuraba Boakye-Collinson on 1st October 1987.
- Coel is British by nationality.
- Her parents got separated before her birth.
- Her single mother later raised her and her older sister.
- The star attended Catholic School and later joined Birmingham University.
- She won a BAFTA Award for her performance in Chewing Gum.
- She is 1.65m or 5 feet 5 inches tall.
- As of 2019, her age is 31.