Milena Govich is an American director, actress, musician, and dancer. She is well known for depicting NYPD Detective Nine Cassady on the television series Law & Order. Govich is famous for her performances in show arrangements 'Rescue Me,' 'Finding Carter', and 'Conviction.'
Who is Milena Govich's Married to? Know ABout Her Husband And Children
Milena Govich is married to David Cornue. Her spouse David is an American writer, composer and film producer.
Milena walked down the aisle with Mr. Cornue on 17th May 2003. They got engaged on 16th February 2002. On 17th February May, Milena and her beau celebrated their fifteenth wedding anniversary.
David is the creator, writer, and executive producer of TRIAGE, a medical drama at ABC with director Jon M. Chu (CRAZY RICH ASIANS) and 20th Television.
She hasn't revealed much about her personal life. Hence, the personality of her child is still vague. Govich prefers keeping her family matter away from the limelight despite being a public figure. Despite not having children, the couple enjoyed each other's company.
Milena Govich's Net Worth and Career
Milena Govich has a net worth of around $4 million. She earns the amount of money from her acting career. She receives a paycheck of $55,880, the basic salary of an actress in the United States.
She started her career appearing on Broadway in the musical revival of Cabaret, joining the 1998-2004 production in December 2000. Milena featured many episodes on Television, including Chicago Fire (2012), Chicago Med (2015), FBI: Most Wanted (2020), and The Equalizer (2021).
She was one of eight producers chosen for AFI's prestigious Directing Workshop for Women and the elite Sony Pictures Television diverse Directors Program. Her TV arrangement proof-of-concept, Unspeakable, featuring Laura Vandervoort and Jeff Kober, had its World Premiere at SZSW and won Best Episodic at Seattle International Film Festival and Best Pilot at SoHo International Film Festival.
Her short Film Temporary (2017) has played all over the nation, winning Best Story Brief at Short at anthem Film Festival, Best Dark Comedy at Atlanta ShortsFest, and Director's Choice Award at Sedona International Film Festival.
Milena Govich left Law and Order; But Why?
The Norman, Oklahoma-born actress Milena Govich played the character of Detective Nina Cassidy in the seventeenth season of Law and Order. In Law & Order Season Sixteen, Govich reprised the role of Geneva in an episode "Flaw."
Before law and order, Milen was playing the part of Jessica Rossi in the NBC legal drama Conviction. But when the show canceled, Rossi offered her to join the show Law and Order for the 17th season. On 1st June 2007, Reuters announced Jeremy Sisto would replace Govich.
According to Outsider, Milena left the show because her character did not give her the best shot at longevity. As an inexperienced rookie, the lieutenant did not take favorably to Nina Cassidy. They even butted heads midst her short stint on the show.
Also another reason was that titled "Fear America" episode became controversial as a part of racial profiling. Her Cassady character made some remarks throughout the episode, defending racial profiling by U.S. law enforcement.
Milena Govich Movies and TV shows
She starred in the Dick Wolf arrangement Conviction (2006), which was driven to her part as the primary and only female detective on the Emmy-winning series Law & Order (1990). Govich has been featured on many shows like K-Ville (2007) (Fox), The Defenders (2010) (CBS), Make It or Break It (2009) (ABC Family), and as Lori Stevens on the MTV drama Finding Carter (2014).
Check out the clip of Milena Govich singing the title song from the musical Cabaret at Los Angeles.
Her directorial debut short film, Temporary (which picked up the acknowledgment into AFI), has won numerous awards on the film celebration circuit. Twelve a long time after clearing out Law & Arrange, Govich rejoined with Wolf as a chief and co-executive producer for his CBI series FBI.
Milena Govich's Quick Facts
- Milena Govich celebrates her birthday on 29th October.
- She was born in 1976 in Norman. Oklahoma, the United States of America.
- Her father is Dr. Bruce Michael Govich, and her mother, Dr. Marilyn Green Govich, is a professor of music.
- Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- She has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair.
- She holds American nationality.
- In 1994, Milena graduated from Norman High School as valedictorian of her class.
- Milena graduated as the valedictorian from the University of Central Oklahoma with a double degree in execution and pre-medical studies and a minor in violin and dance.
- She sang the U.S. national song of devotion at the New Jersey Devils' home opener at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, on 10th October 2008.
- Govich showed up twice during the visit as the guest performer with Taiwanese pop star Fei Xiang.
- Her aunt, Milica Govich, is also an actress who has shown up on Broadway, television, and on film.
- She has 11.3k followers on her Instagram account and 9667 followers on her Twitter.
Stay updated with Marriedwiki for more celebrity biographies.