Facts of Philip Seymour Hoffman
|Date of Birth :|
|Age :||55 years old|
|Family Name :||Hoffman|
|Birth Country :||United States|
|Birth Sign :||Leo|
|Height :||5 Feet 9 Inch|
Relationship short Statistics of Philip Seymour Hoffman
|What is Philip Seymour Hoffman marital status ? ( married,single, in relation or divorce):||Married|
|How many children does Philip Seymour Hoffman have ? (name):||3 Children|
|Is Philip Seymour Hoffman having any relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is Philip Seymour Hoffman Gay ?||No|
An American actor, director, and film producer, Philip Seymour Hoffman was best known for his roles in typically lowlifes, bullies, and misfits. He has won several honorable awards such as Critics' Choice Award, The Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, and SAG Award.
Philip Seymour Hoffman Married to Mimi O'Donnell
Philip Seymour Hoffman was married to his longterm girlfriend Mimi O'Donnell in 1999. The Capote star and his spouse enjoyed conjugal life together for fifteen years until he passed away on February 2, 2014 cause of drug overdose.
Unfortunately, but got separated after a long time. The couple were happily married and have three children: two daughters and a son. He was a drug and alcohol addict and that was the main reason for his divorce with his wife.
In 2013, he attended a drug rehabilitation program for 10 days but he was the same as before and died in his apartment due to excessive use of drugs.
How Rich Is Philip Seymour Hoffman?
Philip Seymour Hoffman has an estimated net worth of $35 million at the time of his death. Hoffman is the most talented and veteran actor of his generation. He received a salary of over $100 thousand per movie.
Seymour's black hat performance was among the most delicious in the Hollywood film since Alan Rickman's in Die Hard. The movie grossed US$400 million and it exposed him to a mainstream audience.
Even more, his real estate owed a combined estate tax of over $15.1 million. By not updating his will to cover all his kids, the legendary actor Philip left his grieving mother in a potentially costly conundrum.
Hoffman's eldest child will get half of the trust principal when he reaches age twenty-five and the other half when he turns 30.
The trust referred to in the will only mentioned Hoffman's elder child Cooper Alexander Hoffman but not his two younger siblings who were born after the will was signed.
Some Interesting Facts of Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Philip Seymour experienced the flu the entire time he starred in Almost Famous in 2000.
- Philip Seymour is a younger brother of Gordy Hoffman.
- Hoffman taught an advanced "Directing the Actor" class for a semester at Columbia University School of the Arts.
- Philip Seymour garnered Broadway's Tony Award twice in 2000 and 2003.
- Philip starred in all of Paul Thomas Anderson's films with the exception of There Will Be Blood in 2007.
- During his sophomore year of high school, Philip experienced an injury that prevented him from playing multiple sports.
- Philip won 23 awards for his role in Capote (2005) including the coveted Oscar.
- Philip starred in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 2 opposite Jeffrey Wright and Kimiko Gelman.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman auditioned for the role of Cubby Barnes in 1996 movie Ransom which went to Donnie Wahlberg.
For more celebrity biographies, keep visiting Marriedwiki.com!!
Philip Seymour Hoffman Married
First Marriage with Mimi O'Donnell
She is a costume designer by profession. The couple first met when they both were working on the play In Arabia We'd All Be Kings, which Hoffman directed.
Philip Seymour Hoffman Children
SON : Cooper Alexander HoffmanMother: Mimi O'Donnell
He is a cute, adorable child who was born safe and sound. Details about him has not been disclosed yet.
DAUGHTER : Tallulah HoffmanMother: Mimi O'Donnell
She is the second child in the family who was born healthy.
DAUGHTER : Willa HoffmanMother: Mimi O'Donnell
She is the youngest member in the family who is so beautiful and adorable.