Romain Grosjean is a French-Swiss driver who races under the French flag for the Haas F1 Team. Grosjean was the one who's rushed to hospital on December 1 having escaped from a life-threatening accident at the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Romain Grosjean Married to Marion Jolles
Romain Grosjean is officially a married man. He's been married to a French TV journalist and shows host Marion Jolles Grosjean. After dating five years, the lovebirds took their relationship to the next level on 27 June 2012 in Chamonix.
Knowing each other since 2008, Grosjean and Jolles decided to extend family members. They welcomed a son Sacha on 29 July 2013, the second child Simon on 16 May 2015, and the third one, Camille on 31 December 2017.
Grosjean has always got her wife Marion Jolle's back. She always been loyal and stood by his side in difficult times even during his F1's scariest crash on 1 December 2020. The mother to two even thanked his well-wishers for their prayers and blessings showered during his time at the hospital.
Romain Grosjean Accident
Romain Grosjean is discharged from the hospital on 30 November having escaped from a life-threatening accident at the Bahrain Grand Prix. The Haas race driver has been examined but sustained only burns to his hands post the car burst into flames.
Until he recovers totally, Grosjean will be replaced at the Sakhir Grand Prix upcoming weekend by their test and hire driver Pietro Fittipaldi. The Swiss-French athlete's crash on the opening lap came when he clipped a wheel of Daniil Kvyat's car and veered off towards the trackside Armco barriers at 137mph.
The impact was measured at 53G and split his car in half. The front part, including the Frenchman in the cockpit, speared via barriers and engulfed in a fireball. He was in the car for 20 seconds during the flames before extricating himself and hoping for safety.
How Much Is Romain Grosjean Net Worth?
Romain Grosjean has an estimated net worth of $12 million as of 2020. The Frenchman build those fortunes with Lotus F1 Team, ING Renault F1 Team. Romain owns a luxury house in Geneva, Switzerland where he resides currently. Grosjean earned an income of $2.5 million in 2019. At present, he receives a payroll of $119,094 per race including a winning bonus.
Romain Grosjean Quick Facts
- Romain Grosjean was born on 17 April 1986 in Geneva, Switzerland but spent his young days in France.
- Romain Grosjean's father is Swiss and his mother is French.
- Romain Grosjean is a great-grandson of weapon designer and Brandt founder Edgar Brandt.
- Romain Grosjean's grandfather is skier Fernand Grosjean, a silver medalist in the giant slalom at the 1950 World Ski Championship in Aspen.
- Romain Grosjean made ten rounds of the 2003 Formula Lista Junior championship and joined the French Formula Renault for 2004.
- Romain Grosjean made Formula Three debut at the 2005 Macau Grand Prix standing in for Loic Duval at Signature-Plus.
- Romain Grosjean drove for the ART during the inaugural GP2 Asia Series.
- Romain Grosjean began racing for Haas F1 Team in 2016.