Relationship short Statistics of Sam Mikulak
|What is Sam Mikulak marital status ? ( married,single, in relation or divorce):||In Relation|
|How many children does Sam Mikulak have ? (name):||0 Children|
|Is Sam Mikulak having any relationship affair ?:||Yes3 affair|
|Is Sam Mikulak Gay ?||No|
American artistic gymnast, Sam Mikulak is a seventh time NCAA champion. He won several titles in NCAA Men’s Gymnastics Championship. He was the first male gymnast from the University of Michigan to be named in the US Olympic team. He is the winner of 2018 Winter Cup all-around men’s championship which was held in Las Vegas.
Born to a family of gymnasts, Mikulak holds a legacy in gymnastics. He is one of the Olympic gymnasts who represented the USA at 2012 London Games and 2016 Rio Games. He is in a relationship with his girlfriend, Mia Arkins. The couple started dating in 2016 and is still together.
Early Life and Education
Sam Mikulak was born Samuel Anthony Mikulak on 13th October 1992 in Newport Beach, California under the birth sign Libra. Mikulak is American by nationality and as far as his ethnicity is concerned, he is of Polish descent.
Mikulak is the son of Tina Mikulak (a gym coach) and Stephen Mikulak (an orthopedic surgeon). Both of his parents were the former gymnasts at the University of California. He has a sister named Alex Mikulak.
Mikulak attended Corona del Mar High School in California and later he graduated from the University of Michigan. At the early age of 2, his mother took him to Mommy & Me gymnastics classes. As a child, he wanted to be an astronaut which later changed when he saw the docudrama movie, Apollo 13. He also passed a statement regarding the Apollo 13 in an interview stating,
''I watched Apollo 13, and it like absolutely freaked me out. I was terrified. I didn’t want to go to space because I thought it was imminent death.''
Following this, his career as an amateur gymnast started.
Sam Mikulak became the member of the Junior National team from 2007 to 2010. Mikulak then became the member of Michigan Wolverines men’s gymnastics team while he was in the University. In 2010-11, he earned the individual all-around title at 2011 NCAA Men’s Gymnastics Championship with the score of 90.75 (his career's highest score). The following year, he won the Big Ten Conference championship with the score 15.45.
Mikulak’s professional career started after being qualified for the Olympic Games. He went on to become one of the first male gymnastics of the University to get qualified for the Olympics. At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, he was selected for the five-man US men’s gymnastics team.
Mikulak also participated in the 2013 World Artistic Gymnastic Championships where he placed 6th in all-around and 4th in the high bar final. The same year, he took part in the P&G U.S. Championships in Hartford and placed first in all around.
In the 2014 P&G U.S. Championship, Mikulak placed first in all-around and second in high bar. He then participated in the 2014 World Championship and finished with a bronze medal.
At the 2015 AT&T American Cup, Mikulak along with Simone Biles, Donnel Whittenburg and MyKayla Skinner represented their country. He finished the competition standing 4th in all –around. On 11th July 2015, he won his first gold medal at the Pan-American Games. Two days later, he was awarded Pan American champion in all-around.
On 16th August 2015, Mikulak won his third consecutive all-around title at the P&G Championships with the score of 183.650. The year, he faced an injury, Achilles tendon which stopped him to participate in the 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championship.
At the 2016 Winter Cup Challenge, Mikulak won all-around title with 177.50 scores beating Akash Modi and Sean Melton. He then placed 4th at the American Cup in New Jersey. On 35th June 2016, he was again selected for the five-men United States men’s gymnastics team for the Olympics. He along with Jake Dalton, Chris Brooks, Danell Leyva and Alex Naddour was selected for the Olympics.
At the 2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games, Mikulak stood 7th position in the all-1roujnd competition. Later, to improve his skill, he was trained at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado.
At the 2017 P&G Championships, Mikulak earned his spot on the United States National Team. The following year, he won the Winter Cup all-around men’s championship held in Las Vegas.
Titles and Awards
Sam Mikulak participated in several competitions and won several titles by placing in the different position which includes
- 2013 World Challenge Cup, Anadia, Portugal – 1st-HB; 3rd-FX; 4th-PB; 7th-VT(T)
- 2013 P&G Championships, Hartford, Conn. – 1st-AA, PB, HB; 5th-FX, VT
- 2013 NCAA Men’s Gymnastics Championships, State College, Pa. – 1st-Team, AA, PB, HB; 3rd-FX; 4th-PH; 7th-VT(T)
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, San Jose, Calif. – 5th-PH
- 2012 Olympic Games, London, England – 5th-Team, VT
- 2012 Kellogg’s Pacific Rim Championships, Everett, Wash. – 1st-Team; 2nd-AA, VT, HB; 3rd-PH, PB
- 2012 Visa Championships, St. Louis, Mo. – 2nd-PB; 3rd-AA; 4th-VT; 5th-PH, HB
- 2012 National Qualifier, Colorado Springs, Colo. – 4th-PB; 6th-PH
- 2012 NCAA Men’s Gymnastics Championships, Norman, Okla. – 1st-HB; 2nd-AA(T); 6th-Team; 8th-PB
- 2012 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev. – 2nd-PB; 7th-SR(T), HB
- 2011 NCAA Men’s Gymnastics Championships, Columbus, Ohio – 1st-AA; 3rd-FX; 4th-PB; 5th-Team; 7th-VT
- 2011 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev. – 2nd-VT
- 2011 Puerto Rico Cup, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico – 2nd-Team
- 2010 Visa Championships, Hartford, Conn. – 1st-AA, PH, PB(T), HB; 2nd-FX, VT; 3rd-SR (Jr. 16-18)
- 2010 Men’s Junior Olympic National Championships, Knoxville, Tenn. – 1st-AA, FX, VT; 2nd-HB; 3rd-PB; 6th-PH, SR (L10 16-18)
- 2009 Junior Pan American Championships, Aracaju, Brazil – 2nd-Team, FX; 3rd-VT; 4th-AA, PB; 7th-HB
- 2009 Visa Championships, Dallas, Texas – 2nd-AA, FX, PH, SR, PB; 7th-VT (Jr., 14-15)
- 2009 Men’s Junior Olympic National Championships, Cincinatti, Ohio – 2nd-AA, HB, PB, SR; 3rd-VT; 4th-PH
- 2008 Men’s Junior Olympic National Championships, Battle Creek, Mich. – 1st-VT; 2nd-HB; 3rd-SR; 4th-AA
- 2008 Visa Championships, Houston, Texas – 2nd-AA, FX, HB; 3rd-SR, VT; 4th-PH(T); 6th-PB (Jr., 14-15)
- 2007 Visa Championships, San Jose, Calif. – 1st-VT; 2nd-AA, HB; 3rd-PB
- 2007 Men’s Junior Olympic National Championships, Oklahoma City, Okla. – 1st-AA; 2nd-FX; 3rd-PH, SR; 5th-VT
- 2006 Men’s Junior Olympic National Championships, Battle Creek, Mich. – 1st-FX; 2nd-AA, PH; 4th-PB (T); 5th-VT(T)
Note: AA= All-around, HB = High Bar, PB = Parallel Bar, Pommel Horse, VT = Vault )
He has a signature move which is a move in pommel horse and hence he's also a pommel horse silver medalist.
Sam Mikulak has an estimated net worth of $1 million. As per sources, the annual salary of the US gymnast is $30k. Mikulak is also the US gymnast so earns approximately $30,000.
Mikulak co-founded a firm, MateBros that make an energy tea.
Mikulak co-founded a firm, MateBros that make an energy tea with his two friends, Alex Anunciation and Jordan Gaarenstroom. They hired 200 backers who raised $20k from selling the product in the market.
Mikula has a pit bull breed dog costs between $800-$2k.
Sam Mikulak is yet to be married. Mikulak has been in a relationship with longtime girlfriend, Mia Arkins, a former Cronkite News Reporter since September 2016. The couple is together since then and is inseparable ever since.
The couple posts several pictures together and often goes on vacations and outing together. The pair is not yet married and has not revealed anything regarding it.
Previously, Mikulak dated Anissa Ciani, a graphic designer. The couple started their relationship in 2016 and broke up soon due to some undisclosed reasons. Prior to Ciani, he was in a relationship with Sports Director, Michelle Roberts. In 2013, he passed a statement where he revealed his relationship with Roberts,
‘’I am currently in a relationship with Michelle Roberts who is on the Michigan field hockey team.’’
The relationship between them also last no long and separated soon.
Below, the video speaks the 5 facts about Sam Mikulak:
Samuel Mikulak Affair(s)
First Affair to Michelle Roberts
In 2013, Sam Mikulak was in a relationship with Michelle Roberts, Sports Director. The couple could not last their relationship long ad broke up soon.
Second Affair to Anissa Ciani
After the first break up, Sam Mikulak dated, Anissa Ciani, a graphic designer in 2016. The pair broke up only after dating for some months.
Third Affair to Mia Arkin
Sam Mikulak is in a relationship with Mia Arin, former Cronkite News Reporter. The couple started their relationship in 2016 and is still together.