Samantha Simmonds is a veteran British journalist who has the experience of working in reputed news companies like Sky News and BBC. At the moment, the talented lady is working as a broadcaster, writer, consultant, and host podcasts on her website.
Samantha Simmonds; Married Life And Children
Samantha Simmonds is currently in a marital relationship with her husband, Philip Davies. The love birds knew and dated for many years before they tied the knot.
The two walked down the aisle in the presence of family and close ones in 2008. From their beautiful married life, the couple shares three adorable children. Their kids are sons, Rafael Davis (Born in 2009), Zevi Davis ( Born in 2011), while their youngest daughter Zeabella Davis was born in 2014.
Despite being relatively busy with her works, she manages an ample amount of time for her family. At the moment, she family of five lives a contented and peaceful life in their home in London.
Lives a Low-Profil Lifestyle
Samantha Simmonds lives a secretive life and prefers to keep the details about her private life to herself, which might not be that unusual given the fact most of the journalists try to do the same.
The veteran reporter, moreover, does not post anything about her personal matters on social media. The BBC London News reporter posts only about her work-related things on Twitter while her Instagram is set on private.
Samantha Simmonds's Net Worth
Samantha Simmonds has a net worth of $1 million from her many years of career in the journalism field. She holds the same amount of net worth as her fellow countrywoman journalist Muala McGovern who also has $1 million.
In her celebrated career, Samantha Simmonds began working as a presenter and reporter at BBC London News, where she stayed for four years. She then joined Sky News, where she worked as a presenter and mainly covered politics news.
Check out the clip of Samantha Simmond reporting news on BBC!
After leaving Sky News, she re-joined the BBC channel and is working as a broadcaster and journalist across BBC TV and BBC radio. Furthermore, she also hosts her podcast on her website samanthasimmonds.com.
Quick Facts: Samantha Simmonds
- Samantha Simmonds was born in Alwoodley, Leeds, Northern England.
- Her parents are Shahnaz Simmonds and Stefan Simmonds.
- Her mother Shahnaz immigrated to the UK from Iran in the 1960s.
- She is from a Jewish background.
- As a young girl, she wanted to become either an actress or a lawyer in the future.
- Simmonds did her high schooling from Leeds Girls High School.
- The 46-year-old attended the Univeristy of Liverpool, where she received a Bachelor's Degree majoring in History and Communications Studies, History, and Communications Studies. Later, she obtained her postgraduate diploma in Broadcast Journalism from the City Univeristy London.
- When she was in her university, she went on a blind date show "Cilla Black."
- The news presenter worked in the BBC London News from 2001 to 2005 before rejoining the company in 2017.
- The 1.65 meters tall lady has visited countries like New Zealand, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, South Africa, and the United States.
- She is also a motivational speaker and occasionally speaks at city firms, schools, and events.
- Samantha has a passion for cooking food, especially Persian cuisine.
- Due to the same name, many confuse her hubby with British Conservative Party politician Philip Davies.