No matter how rich you are, it's always a struggle to find a genuine soulmate who loves you and appreciates you for the person you are rather than the wealth you possess. Billionaire Eduardo Saverin certainly seems lucky in this regard as he is living a joyous married with his lovely wife Elaine Andrejanssen.
If you are interested to know further details about this adorable couple, you arrived at the right place. Let's get to it.
Eduardo Saverin's Married Life
The well-renowned entrepreneur met Elaine Andrejanssen, a Chinese Indonesian woman while they were both students in Massachusetts in the United States. Eduardo was attending Harvard University at the time while Elaine was studying at Tufts University.
Subsequently, the pair got engaged on 27th March 2014. The new couple got married in the French Riviera on 25th June 2015.
The tech-billionaire updated his facebook status where he said:
"I am incredibly happy and thankful to have married the love of my life."
Saverin further added he is looking forward to building a family while contributing to make the world a better place. He left no shortage of effort to make his wife blush when he explained how fortunate he is to wake up every day with an ingrained smile thanks to his wonderful wife.
Elaine is described as being 'lovely, humble and well-educated girl'. Earlier, the couple held a lavish engagement party in Indonesia which included a performance from John Legend, a Grammy Awards winner.
Saverine prefers to keep his personal life away from mainstream media. There are no reports of the couple welcoming kids to their life as of yet. Almost four years since their engagement and three years since their marriage, the pair are enjoying a happy married life right now and there appear to be no rumors of their separation.
Eduardo Saverin's Rumored Marriage Plans With Miss Singapore 2009
Some rumors at the time in 2014 suggested Saverin was going to marry Miss Singapore Universe 2009 Rachel Kum. The wedding was supposedly about to be held on 27th June. It was widely reported the entrepreneur would spend millions on renting out all 74 rooms and suites at the French Riviera for his big day.
However, a source close to the billionaire refuted this rumor. In fact, it was later reported the pair never even dated. The source said:
"That is not true. Ed is definitely not marrying Rachel."
Apart from this alleged affair which turned out completely false, the billionaire is not known to be in any other relationships besides his lovely wife.
Eduardo Saverin: Quick Facts
- He was born on 19th March 1982 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- His middle name is Luiz.
- His birth sign is Pisces.
- His parents are Roberto Saverin (businessman) and Paula Saverin (psychologist).
- He is from a Jewish family.
- He is of Brazilian and American nationality.
- He grew up with two siblings.
- He moved to Miami, Florida with his family aged 11.
- He went to Gulliver Preparatory School.
- He received his Bachelor's degree in Economics from Harvard University.
- He was the president of the Harvard Investment Association as well as a member of the Phoenix S. K. Club.
- He is well renowned for being one of the founders of Facebook.
- He initially made money through his oil industry investments.
- He was portrayed by Andrew Garfield in a popular movie The Social Network.
- He met Mark Zuckerberg at Harvard University, subsequently working together to create The Facebook in 2004.
- His net worth is $10.8 billion.