What is the secret behind their successful conjugal life? Well, it is time to find out!!
Enduring Couple Frances McDormand And Joel Coen; Married For Many Years
The Blood Simple actress has been living a happy married life with director Joel Coen since a long time. The two first met in New York in 1983 when Frances auditioned for the Coen's debut feature Blood Simple.
Coen almost lost hope of finding the best person for the role until he encountered Frances. Sources say that the couple moved on together immediately and married ten years later. They adopted a son named Pedro McDormand Coen in 1994. He is originally from Paraguay.
Every pair has their own way of spicing their conjugal life, and Frances also revealed her secret at the Rome Film Festival in October 2015.
"I think it's having different stories to tell each other. Although we have often collaborated on films, we have both had really autonomous careers and so we have always had new things to tell each other."
She even explained that the 21 years she spent raising their son is 'the most exciting part' of the relationship.
Both of them belongs to the movie industry and works with several good-looking artists so jealousy can be the issue between and when asked about that, she said:
“I think people who are not in the film industry always think that would be an issue, But when you work in the industry, you know how these scenes get constructed. It’s make-believe and it’s your job to make it believable.”
She further said:
“I envied the power he had over his career because his work is self-generated whereas in my job you always have to wait around for someone to give you the role”.
Meanwhile, they are looking forward to a new phase in their relationship as their son Pedro is grown up now.
Frances McDormand On Her Way To Oscar No.2
The 60-year-old glamorous actress makes no attempt to hide her dislike towards Hollywood's glamour world.
She's quite different from other celebs as she avoids cosmetic surgery, and hates high heels. She's the one who rarely gives interviews or even autographs.
She, however, wore prosthetic breasts in three of her movies including the black comedy movie Fargo. She achieved Best Actress Oscar in 1997 for the movie.
Meanwhile, she received the 2018 Golden Globes for Best Actress in a motion picture, drama for her role in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. She's the clear favorite to win Best Actress Oscars.
Frances McDormand; Quick Facts
- Born on 23 June 1957 in Gibson City, New York to a poverty-stricken single mum; was put into adoption at 18 months.
- The birth sign is Cancer.
- Stands at the height of 5.41 feet (1.65m).
- She was adopted by Canadian couple Noreen E. and Vernon W. McDormand.
- She completed her graduation from Monessen High School.
- Also studied at Bethany College in West Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts in theater in 1979.
- Studied Master of Fine Arts from the Yale School of Drama.
- She won the Primetime Emmy Award and Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actress in Olive Kitteridge.
- Has an estimated net worth of about $16 million.