George Santo Pietro gained fame thanks to his ex-wife who had made her name as a well-renowned TV personality. George was no slouch either - a rich and good-looking businessman, it was no wonder he married a famous personality.
However, things do not always work out between couples and sometimes it falls apart after years and so it did in George Santo Pietro's life. Although George has stayed under the radar in recent days, his personal life still appears to be a topic of intrigue.
Let's get more details of Pietro's married life, his past affairs, as well as his rise to fame.
George Santo Pietro's Married Life With Melissa Mascari
The restaurateur George Santo Pietro is married twice in his life. His current marital relationship with wife Melissa Mascari began in 2005. The couple tied the knot on 8th October 2005 after reportedly dating for a year.
George Santo Pietro is married to Melissa Mascari.
The couple shares a child together, a daughter named Chiara Santo Pietro who was born in 2007. Since George hasn't made many headlines recently, his personal life has remained under the radar.
In fact, December 2010 was the last time George made any significant news headlines. It was the year when he sold his mansion in Beverly Hill. He had earlier built it on spec in 2007.
The mansion was valued at $50 million initially but was sold for $23.5 million. George is known to be a real estate developer these days. Meanwhile, George's spouse Melissa is a TV producer who has produced eight TV series in her career.
George Santo Pietro's Past Affairs
George Santo Pietro bumped into Vanna White in 1989. The couple fell in love and subsequently tied the knot on 31st December 1990. It was at this point the restaurant owner's fame astronomically rose thanks to his famous wife.
After two years of their blissful marriage, White became pregnant in 1992. The news of the pregnancy was later announced in an episode of her own show Wheel of Fortune. Unfortunately, the TV personality had a miscarriage just after the episode got taped.
George Santo Pietro's former wife Vanna White.
Source: ABC News
In 1995, better news embraced the pair as Vanna gave birth to their first child, a son named Nicholas Santo Pietro. The couple welcomed their second child, a daughter named Gigi Santo Pietro in 1997.
Despite lots of cherishable memories in a relationship that went over a decade, the pair parted ways in November 2002.
George's former wife is a well-known television personality best known for hosting the show Wheels of Fortune. Pietro got married to White after her fiance James Gibson tragically passed away in a plane crash in 1986.
Prior to meeting Pietro, Vanna was engaged to a businessman named Michael Kaye but the pair never got married.
Earlier in the 1980s, George Santo Pietro was living together with Linda Evans from 1980 to 1984. It's unsure what sort of relationship they carried, but they never got engaged or married.
George Santo Pietro and Linda Evans.
There are rumors George has another daughter named Chiara Santo Pietro whose mother is unknown, although the common suspect is Linda.
George Santo Pietro's Career
Despite not having as much fame as his ex-wife Vanna White, George Santo Pietro was definitely very rich from early on his career.
Pietro owned a restaurant back then and also worked as a dolly grip. In fact, he began working as a dolly grip since 1990, which also happened to the year the pair got married.
George Santa Pietro
As a grip and dolly grip, George worked for numerous movies as well as TV series, most notably Star Trek: Voyager (all three seasons), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Pushing Daisies, and True Blood.
George Santo Pietro: Quick Facts
- Born on 12th December 1946 in Beverly Hills, California.
- His birth sign is Sagittarius.
- He is of American nationality and belongs to white/native-American ethnicity.
- He owned a popular Italian restaurant called Santopietro's, which was located in California in a hidden Hollywood strip mall near Mulholland Drive.
- His restaurant was frequently visited by Hollywood celebrities in the 80s.
- The entire complex where his restaurant was located was Hollywood's secret hanging at the time.
- He later opened another restaurant in the same complex named Sushi-Ko.
- He owned a home on Mulholland drive next door to Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson.
- He appeared as a plumber in a minor role in the movie Prizzi's Honor in 1985.
- His only other acting credits was in the TV show titled The New Mike Hammer in 1984.
- His net worth is around $14 million.
- He along with his wife sold their villa for $50 million which is located at 77 Beverly Park Lane, Beverly Hills.
For more updates, stay on marriedwiki.com.